not feeling soreness ??

Options
I started the new rules of lifting program two weeks ago. So im on Workout A and finished 1 and 2. Im lifting heavier and doing all the sets and reps. Why am I not feeling a burn or any soreness? Am I lifting wrong? Or am I lifting too heavy ? Please help! Thanks!

Replies

• melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi K,

There a lot of factors that have to be considered. I know that a lot of people gauge progress on how sore you are the next day( admittedly Im one) Its a habit Im trying to break.

Sometimes after the initial shock you give to your body you will not become sore with the gradual increases. All throughout stage 1 I wasnt sore BUT the new excersises in stage 2 caused slight soreness. Not the "OMG I cant walk up these stairs soreness" but I was sore. Another factor is were you doing similar types of execises before? Are you challenging yourself with heavy enough weights? Increasing when the weights seem to feel to light?

If you answered yest to the last 3 questions then your doing the program right and you just may not feel soreness until the next set of exercises.

Hope I was able to help although Im sure you'll get a lot of good answers on this board.
    Good luck with the program!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're lucky! I'm still pretty much sore every single day. :( ETA do you struggle on the last reps? Maybe you are just stronger than you think!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    When you say you are on Workout A, does that mean you aren't alternating with Workout B?
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Alwyn Cosgrove (they guy from the book) said on Facebook the other day that soreness is not a sign of a good workout and that you don't have to feel sore. I was worried too that I wasn't sore anymore so reading that made me feel good about it.