New to the group - Belly fat, HRT, Soy

Options
I've been reading some of the posts about belly fat and thought I'd throw my $0.02 in. The belly fat thing is really annoying. I've found that if I don't eat wheat, the belly fat comes off pretty quickly. Eating things with wheat in them really messes me up, belly fat, skin eruptions, etc.

Also, I've been on and off an HRT, Combipatch, and note that the belly fat seems to come off a little bit easier when I'm on the patch. Not the mention the fact that I feel human again, the hot flashes aren't as severe and I feel more mentally focused. I know that HRTs aren't for everyone but I am on the lowest dose that there is and, to me, the potential side effects are worth it.

Finally, everyone's talking about soy. I always thought that soy was a good thing to include in our diet, however, I have a friend who is currently undergoing chemo for breast cancer and her oncologist told her to cut out all soy in her diet. As you can imagine, soy is in everything (like gluten) but she is doing amazingly well. So I am kind of conflicted about soy.

Anyway, it's good to be here. Looking forward to talking with everyone.

Replies

• dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Im new to the group also. I had my hot flasehes under control by using birth control pills. Now that Im turning 50 the Doc took me off the pills. Ive been off for a week and the hot flashes are back. Ive decided that I want to go on HRT, Ive been reading that they also helpprevent heart disease which my mother died of (she was not on HRT) how has the patch been for you? Im scared to death of what will happen especially afraid of weight gain.