IP Day 1

mrs_zilla
mrs_zilla Posts: 34 Member
I started with lunch. Had the broccoli and cheese soup, and later the chocolate pudding as snack.
The food is incredibly good and easy to make. I have a magic bullet, things get fixed in no time!

It will also be easier to pack lunch this week! Hooray!

I felt incredibly filled, like I was eating a lot! Couldn't do the lettuce salad. It's about time for dinner and I am postponing because I'm not hungry. Cannot even think about eating 6 oz of lean protein now 0_0

Does anyone feel like this everyday?

Replies

• That's great that it went well. I find day 3 and 4 the toughest with ketogenic diets. But yes - I like the simplicity with the salads for lunch. And once I'm in ketosis, I don't feel hungry much. And if I do, I just have an IP packet or a hard boiled egg as a snack. Good luck on Day 2. Keep us posted!
  • mrs_zilla
    Thank you very much for your reply. Days 3 and 4 I will be at the office, let's see how I feel! I've just had the Cappuccino and a cup of coffee, I should have blended them together for a mocha.
  • ritalef
    ritalef Posts: 93 Member
    An easy dinner is a drained can of salmon or tuna mixed with some green onion, celery, radish, or any other vegetable. The italian or ranch dressing packets are good mixed in. And some salad and cooked vegetables on the side. I would also have this for a lunch.
  • mrs_zilla
    Hey rita, fantastic weight loss and thanks for the tip! I have some cans of salmon and tuna here and I have to try it!
    Yesterday I grilled some chicken breast, added sauerkraut and mixed with mustard, it tasted so good and oktoberfest-like!

As for day 2, I am still having issues eating 2 cups of veggies + lettuce with all the meals. Forget lettuce, not gonna happen. And only one cup of veg is more than enough.

For now, I'll stick with one piece of protein. Do you think that's bad?
  • livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    I have a hard time eating 4 cups of vegis a day too... but in week four I am finally feeling actual hunger from time to time. I get my lettuce in by using it whenever my normal meal would have included rice or noodles... I just throw my meat in a bed of lettuce instead. Really enjoying "taco" salads.
  • ritalef
    ritalef Posts: 93 Member
    Use the veggies throughout the day, just nibble. You need the fibre to keep regular and coloured
    veggies for vitamins.
    Use the lettuce leaves as bun for a burger, or as a wrap. Good suggestion too, livaneah!
    Keep at and try not to go off the protocol. It may be difficult to get back on.
  • mrs_zilla
    I don't normally eat rice or noodles, just 1 piece of protein + 1 cup of veggies for lunch, or a small sashimi set. Hence the trouble eating *more* than I'm used to.

I don't have breakfast too. Only coffee. And I drink *lots* of coffee and tea through the day! :)

It's... it's a change. I feel it would be easier if I had only the lunch and snacks and that's it.