fitness goals ??

Options
Does anyone have any fitness goals for the month ??

I can admit i'm still pretty out of shape and my poor Elliptical is gathering Dust lol Along with doing whole 30 in October, I'm setting myself a fitness challenge, I want to be able to go an hour on my Elliptical without practically killing myself lol. I plan on starting out at about 10 minutes (as of right now it's all i can do) and then adding an extra minute or two a day until i reach a full 60 minutes by the end of the month :)

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I think as long as I get myself to the gym on a regular basis I will call it a success... lol I wish that was a joke. But I've been real bad lately.
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I already do quite a bit, but I M going to try the 30 day shred with this also.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have been on a roll (when I don't oversleep, haha) I mean for consistency. I have been thinking about P90X but am still deciding . I may as well go for it. The thing is that I'd have to get up at 4:30 to do it fitting in with my schedule. I'd have to probably start taking naps. I hate the way I feel when I nap.

My main concern is the time it will take and 90 days of spending that much time.

If I don't do that, I will make it a goal to continue on with HIIT (which I am just starting to do regularly.)
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am going to keep to my normal schedule:

4 days of lifting + 20 min HIIT (on X-trainer)
    2 SS cardio sessions of no more than 35 min in duration (1 X-trainer and 1 swim)
    at least 60 min a day of moving slowly outdoors

and, the most complicated on: stretch daily!!! I can't emphasize enough how much I need to stretch daily.

(Sigh) If only I loved caloric restrictions as much as I love being active! I would be fabulously fit already!
  • LizaArg
    LizaArg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I plan to do the Jillian Michaels 30DS and Rin30 workouts - different levels depending on how I feel that day. I enjoy how fun and fast the workouts go and can usually squeeze it in on weekdays when my daughter is at daycare. I try to go for 4-5 workouts a week. I did Rin30 last time I tried Whole 30 - it was a good match. I find working out in my living room with Jillian has been the easiest thing for me to stick with so I'm doing that this time too. But instead of working through the levels I'm going to jump around and do whatever level I feel up for that day.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing pure barre at least 5 days/week. It's not a challenge since I love it. But, I hate hate hate running which is why I signed up to do a 5k with my friend. So I need to really step up my running. Lately I've been doing about 15-20 mins, 3x/week. That is just not gonna cut it! Going to try to increase to 5x/week and up my time each week.
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Uhm, actually, if you increase your running that's gonna be detrimental to fat loss and fitness. Keep it at 20 min 3x a week, but make it intense, and win at life!
  • MizMelis26
    MizMelis26 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Uhm, actually, if you increase your running that's gonna be detrimental to fat loss and fitness. Keep it at 20 min 3x a week, but make it intense, and win at life!

would the same go for Ellipticals ? I'm not a very fit person what-so-ever, and my elliptical is manual and has 8 resistance settings. I'm still a newb when it comes to exercise LOL
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Can you explain this to me? I've never been into running so I don't know much about how it relates to fat loss, cept that it burns calories. And I'm training for a 5k so don't I need to keep upping my time? Thanks!
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    I still have the last 4 weeks of C25K to go, so I'll be doing that
    Ages ago, I bought a Groupon for a month of unlimited hot yoga, so I'm going to start that today as well... seems like it will fit with the detoxifying aspect of the Whole30.
  • sad0608
    sad0608 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am going to do 30 days shred and incorporate 30 mins of running/sprint. On days I can't workout in the morning adjusting to my evening.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    So I had been doing 30-60 min of cardio about 3 times a week (more if I was good... sometimes less) but I want to start my strength training back up because I don't want to be losing muscle.

Would it be better to only do strength training during the whole30 or should I keep up my cardio 3x a week as well?
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've been wiating for a hot yoga coupon from groupon for months! I love bikram. I feel so much better about myself when I am doing it. have you done it before? You will either hate it or love it.
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    I've been wiating for a hot yoga coupon from groupon for months! I love bikram. I feel so much better about myself when I am doing it. have you done it before? You will either hate it or love it.

I have done it before, but not it a long time. I'm definitely feeling like a beginner right now. It's been great, and actually really helpful with headaches associated with detox. There have been a few rough days, but it's good. I can't believe I actually woke up for a 6 a.m. class today.