Need help please...

Options
Had appointment with my trainer yesteday. Having hard time breaking plateau and weight keeps creeping up. We spent two hours discussing calories, food choices and everything else food and fitness related...

By the time she was done, she had described Phase 2 SBD to the letter (with some minor restrictions like reduce artificial everything as much as possible)....

So here's the problem.... I managed to find a food list for Phase 2 (but she insists I go as "clean" as possible) telling me what individual foods to eat and what to avoid. I'm OK with that, but I'm having a real hard time finding menus and recipes for "regular meals" that don't consist of stuff (AKA crap...) I'm simply not going to eat. I'll eat just about anything (except maybe stewed okra) but I'm not going to waste my time making dishes that takes 2 hrs prep time and are called things like, "heart of spinach ragout with creamy crap dressing... etc, etc, etc".

I'm looking for kill it, cook it, eat it (or in this day and age, open the package and microwave it) kind of menus that are no fuss and fairly plain and simple. I can cook but don't have the time or the inclination to do real fancy stuff.... just looking for basic food menus. But I'm having a hard time finding these. Every search I do gives me a description of SBD and maybe a one day meal example, but I'm fairly anal about these things and would eat off a standard, set menu for a fairly long time.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated.

John :flowerforyou:

Replies

• GrinandClaireIt
    GrinandClaireIt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi John,
    I was put on South Beach my doctor for health reasons. Some of the things that I eat plenty of are salads without dressing (you could do oil and balsamic), and egg scrambles with veggies meat and cheese. I also snack on vegetables like edamame, peppers, cucumbers, avocado etc., meat and cheese, lowfat dairy like yogurt and cottage cheese, as well as a serving of nuts like pistachios (which you can have 30 of daily). I also really like frying up veggie burger patties and eating those with veggies and cheese. I find dinner to be easy when I just do the protein and vegetable and skip the starch! For meals that generally have pasta with meat, I put the meat over a bed of fresh spinach. I avoid even whole grain carbs, and at the moment fruit. but can't wait to add fruit back in :) I hope that you find this in some way helpful, I know it is a little late!

Claire
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Google "South Beach Diet recipes" and you will find a ton of healthy recipes.