Setting Goals

One goal I have set to push myself to get healthy is to sign up for charity events where there is a walk or run involved. This way, I can help myself as well as others. My first walk is the Mega March for Animals Sunday October 7th. I am walking/jogging with my one year old dog Rudy. Rudy was another inspiration to change my lifestyle. If anyone is interested, our donation website is:

http://www.michiganhumane.org/site/TR/2012MegaMarchforAnimals/MegaMarch2012?pg=team&fr_id=1450&team_id=19020

Every little bit helps! Thanks for all your support.

What are some of your goals and things that motivate you?

Replies

• Good luck Nadine! That is a great idea. Whatever motivates you is good in my book!

Sometimes it is really hard to stay motivated. One thing I have found that really motivates me is reading an watching TV! Haha:) It may sound silly but I read healthy living articles and magazines like Fitness. There is usually some great feel-good stories or education, which is the case with some of the more scientific articles. I also like to watch shows like The Biggest Loser and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. First I have to say that Chris (EM:WLE) and Dolvett (BL) are just so fun to look at!! But in all seriousness you get to see people work hard and struggle and hopefully succeed! It makes you see that you are not alone and you can get some good tips and learn some fun new exercises. With the super morbidly obese that they tend to have on the television shows you see the medical side of being overweight which is scary but a great reminder of where you NEVER want to be!

Great topic Nadine! Thanks so much for posting. What about everyone else?

~Jayme
  • Good luck, Nadine! That is a great motivator, like you are saying, you get to help yourself and others at the same time.

What motivates me is how good I feel when I am fit and strong. And how crappy I feel when I am not.
  • Amen sister! Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
  • Amen