Any vegetarians out there?

ipsamet
ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
Are there any vegetarians out there doing this program? I just started last week and I am having a little trouble meeting my protein goals without resorting to lots of powders and bars, which I don't really want to do all day long. How do you get your protein in throughout the day? Anyone with an open diary or willing to have a new friend so I can raid your food diaries for fresh ideas?

I'm really loving the program so far, but I'm almost 200 pounds so getting as much protein as the program recommends without meat has been tough. Help a lady out?

Replies

• alane15
    alane15 Posts: 121 Member
    I'm vegan and planning to start lifting this winner. I can't help you at this point but I'm interested in the responses you get.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    I'm a veggie doing strength training (prob starting NROL4W in the New Year). Feel free to add and check out my diary. I struggle to meet my goals but always make sure I get at least 1g protein per pound lean body mass (around 110). I do have to use one or two protein shakes to get there.
  • ipsamet
    I'm a veggie doing strength training (prob starting NROL4W in the New Year). Feel free to add and check out my diary. I struggle to meet my goals but always make sure I get at least 1g protein per pound lean body mass (around 110). I do have to use one or two protein shakes to get there.

I will take you up on that! I don't mind doing some shakes/bars, I just don't want to rely on it for most of my protein. I'd like to figure out a way to get a cleaner diet of whole foods out of all of this! Thanks!
  • LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Hi, I bought some quinoa last week as have been informed it is high protein & can be used like rice or cous-cous. Have yet to try it, plan on using it for a rice/couscous style salad for lunches. Have also just started having soya yoghurts too as well as switching from oat milk to soya to try & boost things. Picked up some frozen soya beans at the weekend as they go in the quinoa salad I plan on having.
  • MissSifaka
    MissSifaka Posts: 25 Member
    Hey lady, I completely understand, the first time I saw my goal of 149 grams of protein I had no clue how to make that work. I'm still trying to balance whole food forms of protein and supplements. I do have an extra shake on lift days and one bar for a snack throughout the day. Good luck! Btw, this weekend was wonky for me as I attended a beerfest ;)
  • ipsamet
    Hey lady, I completely understand, the first time I saw my goal of 149 grams of protein I had no clue how to make that work. I'm still trying to balance whole food forms of protein and supplements. I do have an extra shake on lift days and one bar for a snack throughout the day. Good luck! Btw, this weekend was wonky for me as I attended a beerfest ;)

Haha, already sound like my kind of girl! Thank you!