Tightening the stomach results in weight loss?

Options
In theory, tighter abdominal (stomach) muscles reduces the inter-abdominal space. Less intenal abdominal space means less space for the stomach, whcih in turn means less space for food which means feeling full (or over full in some peoples case) quicker, causing you to eat less and therefore resulting in less calorie consumption and weight loss.

Let me have your thoughts?

Healthy Regards

Roland Chandler (Personal Trainer) :ohwell:

Keeping you thinking and talking

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hey Roland, what you say makes TOTAL sense. I have read that tightening stomach muscles, however, isn't "spot reducing". Losing body fat is what will get rid of the paunch, and it has to be an overall bf reduction. Less calorie consumption is key to losing body fat. Simultaneous sculpting of the tummy muscles will help strengthen, but that darn body fat is hardest to come off. I have lost 8 lbs since January, and my visceral fat is 1.44 (STILL OVERFAT...and I am 114 lbs now). (got a body composition scan). That is what I am targeting through continued good eating. My challenges this month are giving up beef and pork. After this 3 day week-end, I am also giving up fried foods. I am focusing on drinking 8 glasses of water a day, doing exercise for cardio *and* strength training. PLUS for the last two months I do NOT eat LATE. 8pm is my cutoff...and BF wise, my clothes are fitting more loosely. How am I doing? Your or anyone's thoughts?? :drinker:
  • sjj0223
    sjj0223 Posts: 26
    Options
    It does make sense. I am working on my Abs right now and damn!! it's the hardest part of the workout. :(