happy october!

Options
2»

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    I do either forearms or hands depending on how I feel - forearms if my arms /shoulders are tired, hands if they are not. I prefer hands but when your shoulders are tired its just SO much harder that way.

see, i think it's just the opposite. i can hang out on my hands all day long, but the forearm hold really bothers my shoulders sometimes. which is a bummer, because i feel like the forearm position is more challenging, but i have to be careful with it.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I do either forearms or hands depending on how I feel - forearms if my arms /shoulders are tired, hands if they are not. I prefer hands but when your shoulders are tired its just SO much harder that way.

see, i think it's just the opposite. i can hang out on my hands all day long, but the forearm hold really bothers my shoulders sometimes. which is a bummer, because i feel like the forearm position is more challenging, but i have to be careful with it.

The plank challenge actually had 10 different versions of "Plank". elbow, straight arm, side, push up, backwards (but facing down push pelvis up), mountain climbers etc.

I would vary my planks form day to day. I typically did 1 minute elbow plank and 30 second side planks. I would throw in a backwards plank. Sometimes I would do my planks on the TRX at the gym (those are rough as your feet are elevated in plank). Longest plank I held was 2 minutes on my elbow. I didn't feel I needed to push any further. I also would do these in the middle of the day or after work. It was hardest obviously after I just did a session while working out (but at the same time it kept me challenged see how long I could hold it while fatigued. I made it 1 minutes 15 seconds).

I can prefer elbow now which is funny because once upon a time I couldn't even DO elbow at all. The long arm I push up into if I am getting to tired in my elbow.

When it comes to side planks it is hard for me to hold more than 30 seconds a side and the left side (holding on my left hand) is FAR weaker than my right side.

The goal was 2 minutes a day any way you wanted. I broke it up as much as I could. Once into the challenge there were days I would do a 2 minute plank and call it a day.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options

The plank challenge actually had 10 different versions of "Plank". elbow, straight arm, side, push up, backwards (but facing down push pelvis up), mountain climbers etc.

I would vary my planks form day to day. I typically did 1 minute elbow plank and 30 second side planks. I would throw in a backwards plank. Sometimes I would do my planks on the TRX at the gym (those are rough as your feet are elevated in plank). Longest plank I held was 2 minutes on my elbow. I didn't feel I needed to push any further. I also would do these in the middle of the day or after work. It was hardest obviously after I just did a session while working out (but at the same time it kept me challenged see how long I could hold it while fatigued. I made it 1 minutes 15 seconds).

I can prefer elbow now which is funny because once upon a time I couldn't even DO elbow at all. The long arm I push up into if I am getting to tired in my elbow.

When it comes to side planks it is hard for me to hold more than 30 seconds a side and the left side (holding on my left hand) is FAR weaker than my right side.

The goal was 2 minutes a day any way you wanted. I broke it up as much as I could. Once into the challenge there were days I would do a 2 minute plank and call it a day.

i like the sound of this! i think i'll give it a go.