Question about scoobys calculator

hey all my EM2WL peeps!!!!! QUESTION! Im on scoobys calculator.......at first I just wanted to lose weight, but Ive completely changed my goal now....I want to lose fat and gain muscle (thats the option I chose) This calculator will have me eating at TDEE to do this...is this right???? I honestly feel my body doesnt like cutting, working out and eating at TDEE has given me the best results. Thoughts?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Yes, eating at TDEE to lose fat and gain muscle is often referred to as recompositioning (or recomping). This is my plan as from today! I was previously on a cut (since around June) and as I was new to lifting I was seeing progress initially but I feel this is stalling and that I need to eat more if I want to see any more muscle gain so I'm upping the cals again to see where that takes me :)
  • jeannettarodgers
    jeannettarodgers Posts: 17 Member
    Okay! Awesome! Im definitely hoping to see fat loss, I no longer care about the scale, so this is awesome to know! Good luck!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Yes that's right! And it worked for me! Just stick with it and don't worry if the scale goes up a little bit, especially if your pants are getting looser. :smile:
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Here is my question about the Scooby calculator.....it says you lose fat if your at TDEE or a 10%, 15% 20% cut so what is the difference beteeen doing them then????
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Here is my question about the Scooby calculator.....it says you lose fat if your at TDEE or a 10%, 15% 20% cut so what is the difference beteeen doing them then????

The closer you are to your goal weight, the less fat reserves you have to make up the deficit. As the body likes to keep fat in reserve for possible times of no food, if you create too big a deficit then your body may start to burn muscle to make up the deficit. So essentially the smaller the deficit, the less likely you are to lose muscle as well as fat.