Does EM2WL work even without heavy lifting?

sivankeren
sivankeren Posts: 105 Member
I know the benefits of heavy lifting, but it's not an option for me, and every one I see here lifts, so I was wondering- will this still work for me?

Replies

• BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Worked for me and I only added Jillian Michaels RI30 in August. I definitely wasn't eating enough.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    I think most people here lift because they like what it does to their body and for their mental state. There's nothing like feeling strong and powerful :glasses: As long as you set up your calories for your activity level, I think that you should do fine with EMWL-there's no difference noted in TDEE as to whether that energy is expended through cardio or lifting. You probably would see better/faster results if you added some muscle to your body though. If heavy lifting is not an option, could you add some body weight exercises to your routine? Push ups, lunges, squats, etc can all be done without weight and will still be beneficial to your muscles. Strength resistance bands are great too, and they come in all sorts of resistance levels. They are cheap and don't take up any space either.