I'm not binging! but now I Don't want to eat at all :( help!

Options
ErzaScarlet
ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
Hey I've stopped binging but now I've become a bit obsessed over calories and don't want to eat. Any one else experience this?

Replies

• sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    try to eat the food you love the most on cheat days once a week but in moderation .This has to be a lifestyle change not just for a few months.So better you indulge once a while then just go binge uncontrollably after going strong for weeks :)
  • emd528
    emd528 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're still expressing emotion through food, only in the opposite way. While it's good to not be binging, it's obviously still hurtful to let food control you in any way.

Have you tried other ways to soothe and/or express your emotions? Journaling, creating art, exercising (healthy amounts), spending time with loved ones, finding a new hobby, taking a shower/bath, or even just something mind-numbing (like painting your nails!) can all be therapeutic. It might also be helpful to talk to someone about your struggles with food and feelings in general.

I have lots of experience with both of these kinds of emotional eating (unfortunately), so please feel free to message/friend me!
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yes I have the same thoughts, but I have decided to eat no less than 300 cal below the # MFP has said will cause me to lose 1lb per week. If we eat too little we reset our set point anyway and that would be a disaster for me if I relapse and went through a binge period.

Luckily MFP makes the nutrition info so easy to use that I have been able to see some patterns in my food diary that I can tweak, finding lower sugar alternatives next time I go to the market.

Yesterday I put a food in that had the # listed incorrectly and a friend noticed that and suggested I recheck the info. She was right, the one I put in was over by 200! I am new to MFP and new to calorie counting, so I didn't question the info, but I will be more careful in the future.