Am I going to be sore for the next 6 months?

I did the first workout yesterday, wasn't too sore yesterday, but it is pretty bad today. Just wondering if it's going to be like this for the next 6 months, if you're constantly doing higher weights and different exercises every workout, does that mean I'll be this sore for the whole program? Yikes - don't know how I'll manage that. What has been your experiences?

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    No, you won't be sore for 6 months. The soreness won't last long and trust me, you'll miss it. You'll think you're not working hard enough. If you follow the program and lift 3x per week the soreness will disappear quickly. I only felt sore when I started a new stage.

Remember to do a proper general warm-up and the exercise specific warm-ups and NEVER skip a cool-down/stretch session after each workout. Stretch each muscle 30-60 seconds.
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    I agree about missing the soreness. I was so sore the first week (like cry when I get down on the floor to play with my daughter sore) and since then I don't get sore at all (even with increasing my weights).

I miss it because it made me feel like I really worked myself. I know I'm still working out hard, but I just don't get that feeling anymore.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,106 Member
    Hmmmm....well, I'm an anomaly!! I still am sore nearly every day. True, that it is NOT the heavy-painful DOMs that I experienced when I began NROL4W. But, I can honestly say I feel some part of my musculature EVERY SINGLE DAY!

I don't know if it takes my body a LOT of time to recover, or what....but I am plenty ache-y, day in and day out....and it's only if Im on a break-week, or a holiday, or something, that I then notice I'm walking around WITHOUT!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,106 Member
    Oh,and I started NROL4W the last week of December, 2011 and am now doing NROL4Abs....so, yep, I'm nearly 10 months into this and I *still* have DOMs very, very regularly.

(And, yes, I drink TONS OF WATER - so it isn't dehydration!)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Most days I am a little sore, but not like after the first two workouts.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Oh,and I started NROL4W the last week of December, 2011 and am now doing NROL4Abs....so, yep, I'm nearly 10 months into this and I *still* have DOMs very, very regularly.

(And, yes, I drink TONS OF WATER - so it isn't dehydration!)

lol, me too. I'm always having doms. Nice healthy gone in a day doms, but still doms! Love it. :)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    What does Dom stand for?
  • jsextrasmooth
    jsextrasmooth Posts: 127 Member
    Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness - DOMS.

I have it too!
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    I am frequently sore as well. Some people get sore and some don't. I personally like it because it reminds me that I am making progress and also helps me remember to eat right!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    i hear ya about the DOMS........Lunges from Wed are killing me today! My booty hurts so bad........not gonna feel good with the squats today! lol