Hi :)

Options
KayVee
KayVee Posts: 34 Member
I need someone to compare symptoms too and talk about weight loss/gain with this disease.. anyone care to chat?

Replies

• roxmysoxoffkys
    Options
    Growing up, I'd always been a lot chubbier than my older sister. We were in the same sports, ate the same food, and had the same lifestyle. As we got older, she stayed thin and I got bigger and bigger. Especially around my mid-section. I think that's a common problem among women with PCOS is problems with belly weight. Slowly my arms and legs started getting pudgier and the rest of me got a wee bit hairier. My arms and legs and GASP I had hair on my upper lip! ( I find that bleaching it and then trimming is a MILLION times better than trying to shave or wax. You can hardly tell it's there, looks like peach fuzz.) It's difficult. Growing up, I ate a very well balanced diet and was always involved in some sort of sport. In high school, I drifted away from sports and geared more towards theater arts and debate. My diet stayed the same, but my activities changed. I gained 35lbs throughout high school. Once I graduated and moved out, it got worse. I still ate fairly healthy but admittedly I ate more junk food than before. I gained another 10lbs. The weight came on fast and is very very hard to come off. Recently I've started doing 10 minute workouts twice a day five days a week. I just started myfitness pal but I've been working on my weight loss for the past two months. I've lost 5lbs so far and it's a lot of work.
    Just last week, I had a cyst rupture when I was at work. It was horrible! For some reason when I have a cyst rupture it's usually very late at night/ early in the morning when it happens. I was not expecting it!! It's a very sharp pain that usually has me doubled over. Nothing seems to help. Taking meds or hot baths doesn't even begin to touch the pain. Probably the worst part about PCOS is when the cysts actually rupture, at least for me. I'm really hoping that with diet and exercise the symptoms will decrease. But hearing that yours have gotten worse concerns me. Have you talked to your doctor about it?
  • Nilleyward
    Nilleyward Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Growing up, I'd always been a lot chubbier than my older sister. We were in the same sports, ate the same food, and had the same lifestyle. As we got older, she stayed thin and I got bigger and bigger. Especially around my mid-section. I think that's a common problem among women with PCOS is problems with belly weight. Slowly my arms and legs started getting pudgier and the rest of me got a wee bit hairier. My arms and legs and GASP I had hair on my upper lip! ( I find that bleaching it and then trimming is a MILLION times better than trying to shave or wax. You can hardly tell it's there, looks like peach fuzz.) It's difficult. Growing up, I ate a very well balanced diet and was always involved in some sort of sport. In high school, I drifted away from sports and geared more towards theater arts and debate. My diet stayed the same, but my activities changed. I gained 35lbs throughout high school. Once I graduated and moved out, it got worse. I still ate fairly healthy but admittedly I ate more junk food than before. I gained another 10lbs. The weight came on fast and is very very hard to come off. Recently I've started doing 10 minute workouts twice a day five days a week. I just started myfitness pal but I've been working on my weight loss for the past two months. I've lost 5lbs so far and it's a lot of work.
    Just last week, I had a cyst rupture when I was at work. It was horrible! For some reason when I have a cyst rupture it's usually very late at night/ early in the morning when it happens. I was not expecting it!! It's a very sharp pain that usually has me doubled over. Nothing seems to help. Taking meds or hot baths doesn't even begin to touch the pain. Probably the worst part about PCOS is when the cysts actually rupture, at least for me. I'm really hoping that with diet and exercise the symptoms will decrease. But hearing that yours have gotten worse concerns me. Have you talked to your doctor about it?

I read your post I just thought I might give a few tips if you'd like that will hopefully help, I also have PCOS and yes it's difficult to lose it seems it moves slower than most everyone else losing weight, but watching our carb in take will help with the weight loss we're supposed to eat between 50-150g of carbs per day and nothing but whole wheat and whole grains since I've been doing that it seems the weight is moving a little quicker. I just you the best in your weight loss journey, we can battle this disease and we will!!
  • Nilleyward
    Nilleyward Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need someone to compare symptoms too and talk about weight loss/gain with this disease.. anyone care to chat?

that sounds like a good idea please feel free to add me as a friend, I'd to compare and talk also regarding weight loss/gain with this disease.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to echo what was said above, I am new to this site (and new to talking to people on message boards, lol) and I'd really be interested in talking about PCOS to women that understand what it's like going through it.
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I was confirmed with PCOS recently and had no idea what it meant when it came to my weight, only that being bigger was a "side effect". So glad that there are people on here that I can now talk to and get information about PCOS. I don't have anyone like family or friends that have it so it has been a lonely battle.
  • Ajnyvt09
    Ajnyvt09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The support on here is so great! Having PCOS is tough, but having groups likes this is a huge help! I find that watching my carbs definitely helps me too. Thanks for being here ladies!
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Add me :) I struggle daily with making the right food choices but exercise and trying my best to keep carbs low has helped. I have also decided not to take any supplements. Im always open to chat, as symptoms other than the weight are frustrating too!
  • lovintowalk
    Options
    I would love to chat with you about it. I have been diagnosed for 11 years and also work with ladies around PCOS and fertility as an acupuncturist.