Thai Boxing Camp?

Options
jesusHchris
jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
I've got a friend who has recently been going back and forth to Thailand and just fought his first pro fight over there. I've been thinking about jumping into to one of the Muay Thai training camps for a week or two. I need a vacation anyway, and this sounds like a great way to up my game while doing a bit of traveling. I would time it around my next cut, as I can barely gain weight as is with only two days a week of kicking people in the head.

Has anyone done one of these camps? Do you have any advice on location, availability of massive amounts of food, etc? A forum search turned up one person who went to a "fitness camp" out there, but not specifically a Thai boxing camp.

Replies

• ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'll ask my friend who does muay Thai to ask round her club, we are a bit closer to Thailand than you, so someone might have some info.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    It's a dream of mine. Sometime I will go, but I'll take a month off for it.
  • jesusHchris
    Options

I would like to do a month as well, but that isn't in the cards this year.
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Me too... one day i will when i can take the time off <3
  • vikingheart
    Options
    I really want to go to Sitsongpeenong someday.

http://sitsongpeenong.com/muaythaicamp/

The facility is near a grocery store and has cooking on site. There's a video tour of the facilities on the website.
  • jesusHchris
    Options

The facility is near a grocery store and has cooking on site. There's a video tour of the facilities on the website.

Thanks, I will check it out!
  • jesusHchris
    Options

Wow, that place looks amazing!
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an amazing time!!! I say go for a month.. 1 week is not enough.. you'll be still real sore during the first 1 1/2 weeks
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Don't you have a MT school near you that you can ask? Wherever the top fighters train, that's where I'd want to go.
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    Don't you have a MT school near you that you can ask? Wherever the top fighters train, that's where I'd want to go.

Yeah, I am going to ask my coach and some of the guys I know who have been over for their advice. The thing about advice is that everyone seems to recommend wherever they went, which isn't necessarily right for me. I like to get as much advice as I can. :)