upcoming appointment

Options
fiberartist219
fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
I don't know what my actual numbers are from my latest labs, but I do know that the TSH is low, but the T3 and T4 are normal.

I feel fantastic, and I am scared that my doctor might want to mess with the dosage. I am hoping that if my blood pressure is normal, he will leave well enough alone.

Has anyone else gotten their lab results back to find that some numbers are off, but other numbers are fine? What happens?

Replies

• go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you've got a doctor who is willing to treat you based more upon how you feel as opposed to what the blood panel indicates. Just make sure to sell him/her on how fantastic you feel. I would think as long as your TSH is not low enough to make you hyper, you should be good.

I do not convert well, so my T3s are ridiculously low. My doctor has been willing to work with me on that based upon how I feel. He has limits tho and while relatively young is still very old school. So he's not much help on assisting me in finding out why I don't convert. That's my job apparently ;)

-Cynthia
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Usually he's pretty good about listening to the symptoms, but I think I'm extra worried. I have actually lost some weight over the last year or so and he might try to lower the dose since I'm a smaller person now.

He knows full and well that if I have a problem, I'll complain, so the fact that he hasn't heard from me in awhile says a lot. I had to let the prescription refills run out before calling.

When I first met this doctor, I was in the office every other month. Now I'm only in there when he makes me come in. :smile: I just hope I can get the script and be on my way... and *maybe* ask him a few questions about my skin breaking out... but honestly, I have energy and strength that I didn't have a couple years ago. I am terrified to go through another winter on the couch like I have in years past.