support

Options
teresa1121
teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
Hello need suggestions i feel i am not getting the support needed at my Tops group i was out for about 4 weeks and not one person inquired called or emailed which i was taken aback by.. Actually to be honest it Hurt... I have been supportive and i have done alot in the club.. so please does anyone have this problem or can offer any help to me i would truly appreciate it thank you

Replies

• Harlemite
    Harlemite Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Teresa,

I'm pretty new to TOPS (joined May this year) and I hear you! I've sent out tons of cards and emails especially during our challenges and have received only one card! (For the last four weeks I've send out no less than 15 snail mail cards plus multiple emails each week.) I don't send them out with the intention of getting one in return but that's a really low ROI! (Return on investment.)

Have you considered talking to your Leader or Co-Leader? Or even ask to address the whole group? Perhaps it's time to do a program on ENCOURAGEMENT and it's effects (or lack thereof)?

Is there another TOPS group in your area that you could attend?

Keep me posted.

Elaine/aka Harlemite
  • clicker_70
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. I've had surgery two times in the last two months, and received cards signed by everyone both times. I am the treasurer, that might be the difference. If your feelings have been hurt, you need to let them know.
  • susan9
    susan9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Our Tops group has a person who volunteered to be in charge of making sure we get cards out to people for various reasons. Our leader is the one who keeps us informed why someone isn't at a meeting. She either calls them, they call her, or someone who is close and in contact with our missing person lets us know why. We have had some people leave for weeks and months, but we have some people in our group who call them to see how they are doing.

I'm sorry your group did not give you the support you needed.