Nrol4W Diet

Hi!

I started this program on Monday and loved my first workout. I am excited to do my second workout tonight.

I was looking over some of the links that were posted in the group forum and found myself a great excel spreadsheet that even included the calories needed for the diet.

My question: Is anyone trying the diet recommend in the book? I was just wondering if it has been successful for you or if I should just stick to my current diet (I have lost 25 lbs so far).

Right now I am eating 1900 cals (TDEE -20%), run 3-4 days a week, do pilates or yoga 4 days a week, walk each morning to work 5 days a week (plus NROL4W 3 days a week).

I'm 5'4", 176, and strive to eat clean. For me the new diet would be a basic calorie reduction 300 cals on non workout days, and 100-200 cals less on workout days (which non workout days for me is one rest day a week).

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,106 Member
    I *did* try the diet piece for about the first half of NROL4W. I *did* have some success - and where I think I was defeated, was due to my *own* miscalculation of my calories (meaning: I wasn't weighing and measuring my food to make sure the 20g of something I posted WAS ACTUALLY only 20 g!).

I think it's okay to keep a 300 calorie deficit EVERY DAY of the week, frankly.

But, I would also add that I think you are doing WAY too much cardio for NROL4W. I would cut back your runs (maybe only 2 per week) or maybe eliminate the runs, since you are also walking and doing yoga.

Those are my suggestions.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Thank you so much for your help!

You are like the third person (2 of them on my FL) to suggest that I do too much cardio and to cut out the running (so hard for someone who loves loves loves running lol). Hmm, maybe it's time I should listen.

I think I'm going to keep my calorie limit for now since it's successful so far....though it may change once I stop running.

Thanks so much for your help. I sure appreciate it!