Heart Rate Monitor

Options
SciRice
SciRice Posts: 68 Member
Hi ladies..I'm interested in getting a heart rate monitor but dont know where to begin. Do any of you happen to use one and can refer me to a model? Or even to another thread. I'm definitely looking for something entry level. I just want to monitor my heart rate and calories burned really.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Replies

• ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this also!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    There are several threads on here about hrm. You can use the search button in the message board section to find those. Most people like Polar FT models. I just use a simple one like a watch to track it although not 100% accurate but it gives me an idea some say its as good as using the ones on machines but whatever I like mine, its a Mio. The more accurate ones will have a chest strap to go with it. You can buy any hrm off of Amazon, plus Amazon has reviews :)
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    I use a Polar F7 that I bought off Amazon about a year and a half ago. It works really well and I put it through the ringer.
  • SciRice
    SciRice Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Thanks so much for the feedback. I will check it out. I dont think I'm ready for the chest strap but will be checking out the watches. I'm curious about how many calories I burn in a day so that I can modify my calorie intake as needed. This will definitely help.