Fit bit or something else?

hbaby2
hbaby2 Posts: 34 Member
I should probably get one to help pin point the calories I burn during the day, correct? Can someone explain the difference btw fit it and HRM?

Replies

• McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    I have fitbit and love it! It leads me to more active throughout the day. I am so used to it that I can't imagine not wearing it a day or two.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I should probably get one to help pin point the calories I burn during the day, correct? Can someone explain the difference btw fit it and HRM?

Between those two.

FitBit is for daily activity and walking/jogging slow as exercise. Outside that scope underestimates for exercise calories.

HRM is for steady-state aerobic exercise. Outside that scope it will overestimate for anaerobic like HIIT or weight lifting, or daily activities. (unless it's one of a few Garmin models with Firstbeat algorithms valid for anaerobic).

If purpose is for daily TDEE estimate and motivation - FitBit.
    You can manually add your own lifting calories that MFP tells you (and though they sound low, they are pretty good estimates) and HIIT by using your avg pace and again MFP estimate (which if level and pace matches is really good estimate). Other exercises like spin bike or bike riding not so much, too many variables.