Challenging Weekend

Options
rebasporty
rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
I have a challenging weekend coming up -- Horse Camping with friends. Granted we spend a lot of time on horses, which is exercise, however we also spend time sitting around the camp fire drinking and snacking. In preperation: I am going to make a big pot of chicken noodle or beef barley soup to bring along (it is going to be cold this weekend). Grab some fruit and veggies. I am going to grill out some chicken breast cut them into strips so I can make a wrap. Other suggestions so I am doing mindless munching?

Replies

• ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Celery is my mindless munching food. Some times I just want to "graze" and it works for me. Yes, I know it has calories nothing is free but still, much better than some of the alternatives.
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    I don't know if you get Quaker Rice Crisps there but they are much lower on calories than chips and they have tons of flavors.

For drinking, I don't know if you like red wine but it's better for you and if you choose the heavier Shiraz, it can be sipped slowly and lasts longer on your taste buds.

Lucky you... I miss horseback riding!
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Preplan low cal drinks and bring them for you.

Go a little lighter on the clothing than you normally would, your body will burn a little more keeping you warm. Make sure you all the clothing you need in case you need it, u don;t want to get hypothermia.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    All good suggestions...thanks!! Excited to head out in the a.m.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    CAN I COME???????????????
  • Sharon0523
    Options
    Celery is my mindless munching food. Some times I just want to "graze" and it works for me. Yes, I know it has calories nothing is free but still, much better than some of the alternatives.

I think you burn more calories digesting celery that the total in it!!!!