Endocrinologist

Options
blueimp
blueimp Posts: 230 Member
Probably butchered that spelling!
I'm off for my appt in a few minutes. Any suggestions of really good questions I should add to my list?
I wrote down some memory joggers, but I'm surevi've forgotten something!
Thanks!

Replies

• robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Trust the appointment goes well and you get a glowing report back. You deserve it for all the effort you've put in.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    No question suggestions, just an "I hope it went well!"

Oh, and BTW, you spelled it right. :flowerforyou:
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm depressed.
    I saw the Endo this afternoon and was seriously less than impressed. He took virtually no history, did not even ask if I had questions, didn't want to hear the back-story, and seemed critical and dismissive of both my GP and the neurologist; he doesn't even know them! I hate docs like that; their attitudes make me sick.
    On the positive side, He is testing for Cushing's. I have to test two nights in a row for cortisol levels; trying to decide if I should do it right away, or wait until I'm back at work next week.
    Don't see this as long term relationship.
    Oh yeah, and I'm supposed to increase my walks to 5-6 miles a day going as fast as I can.
    :-)
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience from your endocrinoligist. It really is discouraging when we experience medics who demonstrate little empathy. Once your tests are completed it would probably be a good idea to ask to be referred to an alternative endocrinologist. It would do no harm to brief your primary care phsician on your experience which would help to prevent other patients having a similar experience. I hope your tests result in some good news for you. The bad experience was down to the endo's lack of professionalism and not to any fault on your part. Sometimes we have to take a deep breath, bite our tongues and silently rage or punch a cushion. I hope this doesn't put you off medics because there are quite a few good supportive ones out there.