I owe my success to Couch to 5k!

Options
I just have to say for those just starting off, I cannot recommend a better way to get started running. I followed the program twice...the first time I had to stop a couple weeks in due to terrible shin splints and the wrong kind of shoes. Once I was properly outfitted, I was able to complete the program, and can now regularly run 3, 4, 5 miles, and have even done six. I am planning on training for a half marathon and can truly say I LOVE to run. Look forward to it, and wouldn't trade it for an elliptical any day :)

Good luck to you all!

Replies

• shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That is great to know and thanks for sharing this!

I am on Week2. I love it! I am not a runner of any sort. But, I want to do this so badly as I am having a hard time shedding weight esp on my thighs and arms.
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I see a HUGE difference in my legs. They are muscular and the cellulite is slowly disappearing!
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I just have to say for those just starting off, I cannot recommend a better way to get started running. I followed the program twice...the first time I had to stop a couple weeks in due to terrible shin splints and the wrong kind of shoes. Once I was properly outfitted, I was able to complete the program, and can now regularly run 3, 4, 5 miles, and have even done six. I am planning on training for a half marathon and can truly say I LOVE to run. Look forward to it, and wouldn't trade it for an elliptical any day :)

Good luck to you all!

Thank you for the information. I'm interested in beginning a C25k program and was wondering how helpful it was!
  • Lisame11
    Lisame11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 of c25k now. I can now run for 25 minutes. Very very slowly, but running the 60seconds was tough when I started.

I was really pleased to find that I love going running. Some days I feel tired before I start, my legs ache and I have to really work hard mentally to get going, but I always always feel better afterwards!

Thanks for posting, its really encouraging. :-)