Help! Need motivation to keep going

Options
jbaca9602
jbaca9602 Posts: 64 Member
I'm only a few days into eating more, and I'm not happy at all. I know it takes patience, that what I'm gaining will come back down and for the long run... but right now, I feel HUGE. My abdomen, despite exercise that's leaving me sore, reminds me of when I was pregnant. I saw a mirror today and wanted to cry. I haven't weighed myself because I don't want to see a gain, but I know it's there.

This is twice the amount I eat if left to my own devices. I'm still keeping it healthy, especially now that I'm eating more - last thing I want to do is eat more AND have it be ice cream I'm eating. But not only am I eating twice as much as I feel comfortable, I'm also putting on weight.

I typically hide from things like this, just regress on any progress and disappear for a couple weeks until I have motivation to try again. Instead, I want to lean on people. Not quite sure how to do that or what questions to ask, or what I need to hear, so hopefully y'all know what to say lol.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'm only a few days into eating more, and I'm not happy at all. I know it takes patience, that what I'm gaining will come back down and for the long run... but right now, I feel HUGE. My abdomen, despite exercise that's leaving me sore, reminds me of when I was pregnant. I saw a mirror today and wanted to cry. I haven't weighed myself because I don't want to see a gain, but I know it's there.

This is twice the amount I eat if left to my own devices. I'm still keeping it healthy, especially now that I'm eating more - last thing I want to do is eat more AND have it be ice cream I'm eating. But not only am I eating twice as much as I feel comfortable, I'm also putting on weight.

I typically hide from things like this, just regress on any progress and disappear for a couple weeks until I have motivation to try again. Instead, I want to lean on people. Not quite sure how to do that or what questions to ask, or what I need to hear, so hopefully y'all know what to say lol.

Try eating just 200 extra each day for a week, then 200 a day for another week, until at goal.

Ward off potential to gain so much, because if you really were eating at maintenance with no changes in weight or measurements for 3 weeks, then the surplus will be surplus until your metabolism decides to rise.
    200 more gives body a chance, and not so great a surplus.

Plus, gives your stomach a chance to stretch back out slowly, because there are folks that have gotten themselves sick.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with Heybales. If the difference between what you've been eating and what should be your TDEE is huge, go slower. I know that's not "classic" EM2WL method, but I think it's wise.