Yay Me!!

So I had been thinking about quitting for a while now but the one thought that stopped me was the dreaded weight gain so many experience when they quit. so I started looking up quitting methods and found that people can successfully quit smoking and LOSE weight at the same time! so in about 30 min. I will be smoke free for 24 hours...and oddly enough I feel GREAT!! Im so happy to be FREE I can BREATH I have had a few cravings like during my routine smoke times but they haven't been that bad. the hardest part so far is when I woke up this morning changing my routine I usually get up, restroom then grab my coffee and head for the porch to "wake up" so this morning I had my coffee and my words with friends and the morning news. that will be my new morning routine from here on out. but the weird part is Im happy. every other time Ive tried quitting after about 12 hours Ive gotten so cranky and stressed out. maybe walking the track with my friend is helping... but now that ive made it this far I know Im done. another big factor is how bad I wanted to quit< that Im so happy to be free of those nasty stinky cancer sticks as my dad calls them.
Sorry that was so long. Happy non-smoking to everyone!! :)

Replies

• sscad
    sscad Posts: 73 Member
    So I had been thinking about quitting for a while now but the one thought that stopped me was the dreaded weight gain so many experience when they quit. so I started looking up quitting methods and found that people can successfully quit smoking and LOSE weight at the same time! so in about 30 min. I will be smoke free for 24 hours...and oddly enough I feel GREAT!! Im so happy to be FREE I can BREATH I have had a few cravings like during my routine smoke times but they haven't been that bad. the hardest part so far is when I woke up this morning changing my routine I usually get up, restroom then grab my coffee and head for the porch to "wake up" so this morning I had my coffee and my words with friends and the morning news. that will be my new morning routine from here on out. but the weird part is Im happy. every other time Ive tried quitting after about 12 hours Ive gotten so cranky and stressed out. maybe walking the track with my friend is helping... but now that ive made it this far I know Im done. another big factor is how bad I wanted to quit< that Im so happy to be free of those nasty stinky cancer sticks as my dad calls them.
    Sorry that was so long. Happy non-smoking to everyone!! :)

I totally know how you feel! Take advantage of this and use your happiness and determination to face any withdrawal symptoms or cravings to come. Being at such a positive state of mind already makes you one step further and the process much easier, but from experience, when those happy feelings are hard to maintain (ie: a bad day, stressful work situation, etc) or when you are stuck in a situation where you are surrounded by triggers, it'll be tougher but you have to keep in mind how good you'll feel if you conquer your temptations. And when you do, you'll feel even MORE happier (if that's even possible!) Walking helps, and it's great that you're doing that. Keep up with exercising, that's what is helping me the majority of the time! I didn't realize how much smoking was holding me back (physically) until I quit and experienced how actually more pleasant running/exercising can be - that's enough of a inspiration to stay with my non-smoking status!