Yesterdays TKD class a little rough!!

Options
I guess I should keep my hands up when sparring!!

IMG_0249Small_zps53f5a430.jpg

Replies

• peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've seen worse in sparring. I've found most TKD guys that I spar with have very bad head movement :laugh:
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I guess that's par for the course........
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Ouch! We should have a show your injury thread! I have a scar across my nose from a sparring game. The instructors still tease me about blocking with my face
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Whoops! :smile:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My favorite classes are the ones where I come home bruised up. :smile: Learning experience.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My favorite classes are the ones where I come home bruised up. :smile: Learning experience.

lol..me too!

lost half a tooth a few weeks ago..and yes I was wearing my mouth guard..but my coaches foot had to show me who is boss..lol.

who ever says taekwondo is just tapping for points has no idea what they are talking about..i have seen so many bruises, broken bones, etc..it's crazy!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Tested for my Green belt and got a split lip in the process, the best part is it was from a 73 year old man that will be Blackbelt testing in about 2-3 weeks. He is a Bad *kitten*!! He does TKD two days a week and Yoga two more. Also is a Korean war vet that is super active in the VFW.
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Tested for my Green belt and got a split lip in the process, the best part is it was from a 73 year old man that will be Blackbelt testing in about 2-3 weeks. He is a Bad *kitten*!! He does TKD two days a week and Yoga two more. Also is a Korean war vet that is super active in the VFW.

See that is totally awesome..I am sure he is a inspiration for everyone!
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    when i was training under master huntington when i was in longview tkd.. i was in a sparring match with him and he caught me with a punch to the nose... wasnt hard but i ended up doing a back flip in the air and landing on my knees facing the opposite wall..lol... as i was spinning in the air i could see everyone making faces like "oohh that hurt and hes going to land on his head" look on them..lol
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything...
  • chandjm
    chandjm Posts: 16
    Options
    Nice! When I first started Tang Soo Do we sparred alot and black eyes and split lips were the norm. Its gotten much lighter.