Newbie question

lioness0806
lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
So, I averaged what Scooby said was my TDEE between a 5-6 and 7-21 strenuous exercise (I'm in construction) an came up with 2328 (this is factoring in the minus the 15%).

I have a pedometer which also tracks calories, in which I burned around 800 today at work.

My question: now that I've figured ou my TDEE and put it in as my goal intake I don't need to figure my calories I've burned at work into MFP anymore? And, do I or do I not need to figure in ny other outside physical activity because my calorie intake is so high?

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    You will have to have look at your burns and see, cause if you net below your BMR you want to eat back some calories. Your gaol is always to at least net BMR, ideally eat over BMR.
  • sherim71
    sherim71 Posts: 130 Member
    I never calculate my calories that I burn at work. I thought that was figured into the TDEE by the activity level chosen when inputting the info.
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Thanks, Noor. I had an idea what BMR was, but not a clear one. Yesterday I ate between my BMR and TDEE do according to you I'm on the right track.