Do you really count?

Options
Desmonema
Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
Now that I have read 'It starts with food' I started thinking about the whole logging thing... I haven't lost anything in a while even though I am very thorough with it and precise. For the whole30, you're supposed to not weigh yourself and NOT count or weigh anything. How are you doing it`??? I think I might be kinda obsessed with logging everything and should stop it for a while. Does it influence the amounts you eat, like make you eat too little or too much??
Would appreciate your experiences, especially if you've done the program more than once! Cheers!

Replies

• healthylife4kb
    Options
    The counting debate. I know Whole30 recommends not counting calories or weighing in, but I am still trying to get my diet under control and I want to see if this is a viable option. I also struggle with portion control and overeating so I know that I need to be able to see how much I am consuming. Also I still want to be aware of my fat intake as I think this does impact my weight loss. So, yes, I am breaking the rules. Not the food ones, just the counting.

I am trying to see it as a lifestyle though and I hope that one day I won't have to be precise.
  • Desmonema
    Options
    I think you are right. I won't weigh myself though during that time. Will keep track of my cals and see how it goes. I also want to know about the fat and carbs I'm taking in. What macros do you use for the whole30?
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I was naughty and weighed myself. It is such a habit to do it every Sunday. I did lose, and it is good because I was at kind of a plateau.

I also track because I want to be aware. I am not worrying though if I go over.
  • sad0608
    sad0608 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am not weighing myself, but I am keeping track of what I eat, making sure when I plan my meals for the week, I have a good balance of good fats, and lean protein. I don't think I will stop stop with tracking my food. Since Friday, my headache is gone and sleeping better. Not to mention ton of energy.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This is officially my fourth Whole 30. I track my food and weigh myself still. I like to track to make sure my macros are on target. I weigh because it keeps my spirits up.
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm tracking, but mostly to make sure I get ENOUGH calories. I've gone over a few days, and haven't worried about it. I went under yesterday, I was more worried about that.
    I'm still weighing myself, because the numbers on the scale keep me motivated to stay on track.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm still tracking all my food but not worrying aobut the macros too much. I've gone over on sugar and protein just about everyday since I started b/c of all the meat and fruits. Do plan on weighing myself about every other week just to see.
  • Desmonema
    Options
    OK... thank you all, now I'm no longer feeling guilty for logging everything... It is so good to have more people here that can support you and also help out with all those little questions that arise on the way!
    So thanks again, this is a great community!
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Good to know I'm not the only one logging and weighing myself. I'm mainly logging to make sure my macros are where I'm wanting them to be and I've started weighing myself less... I just don't have the will power to stop completely.
  • LizaArg
    LizaArg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged my food for a week or so because I've been too busy to do so, but I did still track things during the last whole 30. I found that it could be a bit harder to get enough calories since all the veggies are pretty low cal. I made up for it by adding good fats and eating avocados lol. I do avoid the scale, more because I get discouraged when my weight seems to go up (temporaily) - I think I retain more water at first on this program. So I didn't want to make myself nuts. But last time I did this in July, I did lose about 4-6 pounds. May not seem like much but I'm trying to lose that last impossible 10 and this definitely helped.