Small Budget

Since this is a groups for us people in our 20's, I'm assuming (sorry if I am wrong) that most of us are living on a tight budget. So I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread of less expensive healthy foods and exercises that we have found helpful throughout our journeys. Currently I am at work and many of my resources are at home, but here are a few that I can come up with:

Eggs- can be eaten many ways, any meal, relatively cheap and always delicious.
Soup- Can be pretty cheap, especially on sale, but watch out for the high sodium levels!
Jillian Michel's entire 30 day shred is on youtube
you can also find many P90X videos on youtube, the ab workouts are my favorite!
Waffles- can be pretty cheap, especially store brand, they are about 2 bucks a box for 10, that's 5 meals.. that's about 40 cents per meal. not necessarily the healthiest breakfast but not bad either. (2 chocolate chip eggo waffles = 200 calories)
I've also been making my own parfait's recently which can be fairly cheaps. I usually buy a box of granola and a large tub of yogurt and that can last me about a week of parfaits.
Sorry this list is so short, once I am at home I will post more. Feel free to add anything. and don't assume anything is obvious!

Replies

• El12abeth
    El12abeth Posts: 7 Member
    Dried beans and lentils, around $1-$2/dry pound (when cooked is more than a pound)
    Popcorn kernels from the bulk section (much cheaper than the bags, if you can keep to not eating too much)
    Split pea soup - we make from dried peas and add a cheap smoked turkey leg or ham bone
  • Crepes are a good way to go. They are just flour milk and eggs, depending on the way you want them. You can have a tablespoon of peanut butter in there with some fruit and roll it up. Its a very thin pancake. But good.