Restarting... Looking for friends

Options
I am restarting tomorrow. I graduated the program back in May. I ran my first 5k at the end of May with a time of 50:04. I ran very little over the summer. When I started again I was using bridge to 10 k because I liked the 10 minute intervals at the beginning. Then I stopped running all together at the end of August. I tried a few days ago to start again with bridge to 10k and couldn't get through the 10 minute intervals. I went back into c25k week 4 and couldn't complete those either. So I'm starting all over. I really do enjoy running when I'm do it. So I'm looking for some friend for support. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Added :) And I know what it is like to re-start and have to do it all over. I am on W9D1 and I never thought I'd get this far. I have blew my expectations out of the water and I am sure you will do the same!
  • Danielle_CSCL
    Danielle_CSCL Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    oh i just started today. I've added you
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm redoing C25k too! I completed it in January, but have just been "playing" at running since then. I decided to start all over. Even when I completed the program and ran for the whole 30 minutes, I only covered 2.5 miles. <<Penguin here!

Sending friend request!

Lori
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting C25K for the first time, and I'm a little nervous! Treadmill is my best option at this point, but I'm going to try and incorporate some outdoors running in to try and improve. There's a 5K I'd like to do coming up, and I really want to get into top running shape! Friend request sent! :)
  • fuzzyfoxtess
    Options
    I just started, just finished W1D2 today. I'm really excited to get going. Good luck!
  • Primalgal
    Options
    W3D1 is complete! Since I only did 2 workouts of week 2, I wasn't sure how it would go, but I had no problem. How are you all doing? :flowerforyou:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K over after a knee injury that took awhile to recover from mainly from not giving it enough time at 1st. It was weight training related not running related. However in the process they found arthritis so I decided to go slowly getting back into running. I have never had any pain from the arthritis so I am doing this. I tried to start at Week 1 but made a mistake and realized it was closer to Week 2 which I just completed today. I am only running 2 times a week for now. When I did C25K the first time I had the best support group. It would be nice to keep using this thread to post out progress etc. Anyone restarting C25K can add me. I would love the support to get back into running. I missed it.
  • juliavalerie
    juliavalerie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Last year I got married - 8-6-11. My fitness journey started with a C25K and I did it!! I also lost 30 lbs for my wedding. One year later, I have gained 20 back and ashamed:( I want to get back in and I want to start it all over again. I would love to have the support of this group!!
  • Primalgal
    Options
    So glad to see all the new faces here! Let's use this thread to post our progress etc. Come in every day that you run or whatever and let us know how it went. We can help each other get thru this & become true runners! Let's go!

Lori
  • ssheflin
    ssheflin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm starting for the first time tomorrow. I am nervous, but open for the challenge.
  • Primalgal
    Options
    Decided to put off my next workout till tomorrow morning. I do my workouts at 5:30AM outside and today it is 35 degrees and will be 45 tomorrow....no brainer. Actually, running in 30 degree temps isn't too bad, but 40's sound better!

Have a great day everyone!

Lori
  • Primalgal
    Options
    Good morning all!

W3D2 is in the books! Went ok except for my feet. Still trying different shoe inserts and today's choice was not the best. I'll get it sorted one of these days.

How are you all doing?

Lori
  • BluesMnMdeleted
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow morning... I need all the support I can get too :)
  • KeriA
    Options
    This week I completed Week 2 and started Week 3. So I am just behind you Lori. However I am only doing it 2 days a week so I won't be catching up. I hope all the new starts go well.
  • martazdz
    martazdz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i'm doing it for the first time, on week 2 at the moment.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • corduroybee
    corduroybee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just started today and finished Day one. I'll need help. I'll have zombies chasing me in 112 days :)
  • KeriA
    Options
    I am starting Week 4. How are all you restarters doing?
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Decided to put off my next workout till tomorrow morning. I do my workouts at 5:30AM outside and today it is 35 degrees and will be 45 tomorrow....no brainer. Actually, running in 30 degree temps isn't too bad, but 40's sound better!

DId a double take at this! I thought you meant 35 degrees C! which is really quite warm....
  • Primalgal
    Options
    Sorry I've had to back off the running for a bit. I'm dealing with a bout of Plantar Fasciitis and I don't want to push it and have it get much worse. After a couple weeks of no running, it is feeling much better.

Congrats to all of you who are doing SO well!!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Sorry I've had to back off the running for a bit. I'm dealing with a bout of Plantar Fasciitis and I don't want to push it and have it get much worse. After a couple weeks of no running, it is feeling much better.

Congrats to all of you who are doing SO well!!

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you feel better soon. I agree about not pushing it. That is why I am doing C25K again. I want to take it slow to avoid any problems. Take care.