Wrapping

Options
JephaMooi
JephaMooi Posts: 112 Member
Any suggestions as to what I should use for wrapping my wrists with?

Replies

• JBuck1914
    JBuck1914 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ace bandage.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    depends for what use...???
    Prevent moving, little movement, etc ?
  • JephaMooi
    Options
    I've noticed my wrists are sore after boxing/punching. Someone at my job suggested wrapping my wrists.

I bought a sports tape to try tomorrow, hopefully it isn't sticky and peel my skin and hairs though.
  • JephaMooi
    Options
    ...unless that's how it's supposed to be for the best results.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    lol nooooo

Buy some hand wraps. Your instructor should be able to teach you how to use them. It's really an integral part of Muay Thai, isn't that what you take? You should have been taught this already if this is the case.

I use these:

http://www.combatsports.com/csi/protection/handwraps/combat-sports-semi-elastic-handwraps-7661.html

Cheap and they work great.
  • rstoliker
    Options
    Meister MMA sells them pretty cheap...but you can also go to any sports store, they would probably have a set. I always recommend 180" wraps
  • JephaMooi
    Options
    Never heard of them. But I shall get a set.

I study Muay Thai at home and Krav Maga in a class.
  • JBuck1914
    JBuck1914 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I thought you wanted something for your wrist only. I agree hand wraps are great and I do Krav as well do you guys have gloves. We have MMA gloves we use during class which help too.
  • JephaMooi
    Options
    I haven't purchased MMA gloves yet.

The sports tape worked pretty nicely in tonights class.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I should maybe correct my post. If you have tons of money and time, gauze and athletic tape is better than hand wraps. But it costs a lot of money for those items, and it takes lots of time to get your hands wrapped.

The hand wraps I suggest are reusable, washable, and reliable. Good luck w/ Krav, and I'd recommend getting in a class for MT. I can't imagine a home workout for it.
  • JephaMooi
    Options
    Home work out for Muay Thai is basically familiarizing the muscles with the movements found in Muay Thai. ie. Kicks.

I've been looking for a legit class, but nothing too convincing yet. Plus, I signed in with Krav for six months so I'd like to complete that first.
  • rstoliker
    Options
    Everlast sells "wrap gloves". Basically a slip on form of boxing hand wraps. I've never used them, so I can't recommend them, however, a friend of mine tried them. Likes them for the most part when working out alone...but in a class prefers the 180" classics.
  • Middangeard
    Middangeard Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wrap Gloves are good for getting something on quick. I don't recommend them much for constant use. My UFC branded ones mostly go unused.

Bad Boy makes a great pack that has three pairs of wrist wraps and a wash bag -- they've been the best wraps I've tried so far.