Need help from more experienced Catheletes...

knowak82
knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
Posted this on my news feed, but I'm sure there are more Catheletes around here than I have on my friends list!!!

Okay...calling all Catheletes...I am relatively new to Cathe (I've only been working out with her for a few months, now) and only have Muscle Max, Gym Style Legs, and Lo Max...I LOVE Lo Max for my cardio once or twice a week, but want to get another step DVD...any suggestions??? I also want to get Butts and Gutts, and possibly another upper body strength DVD...any suggestions for that???

I know a lot of you are doing STS right now, but any other favorites that you have, please let me know! I need to build up my Cathe arsenal--I LOVE the results she's been giving me so far (just this morning my boss--who is very into fitness and lifting and such--told me I was "disappearing", LOL :laugh: )

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!!

Keep rocking those Cathe workouts!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Hi there!!! For upper body you should look into getting the other gym styles, slow and heavy, high reps,or pyramid upper/lower is a good one plus you get a extra leg workout to add. As far as step goes Im not sure. Afterburn, kick punch crinch, and cross fore are some cardio workouts Ive heard good things about.
  • knowak82
    Thanks, tbellamy :flowerforyou:

Might pick up the Gym Style Back one. If I get the GS Back, should I also get chest and tri's? Or can I get one without the other?

I tried a Cathe circuit DVD last night (it came with my high step), and let's just say it wasn't my favorite. It seemed too easy, and I guess I'm not really a fan of circuits that much...at least not really at this point :huh: I mean, she was using teeny tiny barbie weights!!!! Waaaaa???? :noway: Just didn't really feel like a challenge compared to a straight cardio step workout or a heavy lifting workout. I think I'll keep those two separate at the moment...

So, anyone else have any suggestions for a straight up high intensity step workout from Cathe???
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    I don't do much step work anymore, but liked the high intensity step in the 4DS series (the low intensity wo wasn't intense enough IMO), which also come with some tough heavy weight wos. Body Max 2 has great music and was a fave. If you want high intensity step work, you can't go wrong with the Imax wos. I think most people's favorite was Imax 2. I attempted Imax 3 only once and never again :)

For non-step work, I love afterburn, probably followed by crossfire. Those are really the only Cathe cardio I do except for cycle max.

As for the weight work, always loved the gym style series. Slow & heavy and pyramids are also great.

High five on disappearing ;)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    For Cardio: Afterburn is fantastic, as well as Athletic training and CardioSupersets. Also love her HIIT workouts. I think she has also a step one on the low impact series.

For weights:I love Slow and Heavy, but also the Gym Style series. Push-Pull,Supersets and MuscleMax are nice whole body workouts.

She is fantastic, isn't she?
  • knowak82
    Thanks for the input, ladies, I really appreciate it. I checked out one of the IMAX DVDs last night...it looks tough, but I bet I could get the hang of it...:ohwell:

I didn't think I would like step aerobics (seemed kind of 1985 old lady-ish to me, LOL), but I actually REALLY much prefer them to hanging out on the elliptical or treadmill (that are now both collecting dust in my basement since I got my step!)...

Hey, Noor, you changed your profile pic--it's very pretty. :love:

I :heart: Fall...