NROL4W Diet Advice

Sarah_Wins
Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
For the more experienced ladies of the group, could you take a look at my diary and give me some honest feedback?

I just started the program about a week ago, coming from an extreme low carb diet (which I found extremely successful for weight loss) and I'm trying very hard to give it at least 3 weeks before judging the results of this change. I have to admit, I'm very nervous!

Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 574 Member
    Your diary is not open.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Fixed, thanks!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 574 Member
    Looks nice and clean to me. Plenty of protein. The only thing I would say is to eat more on exercise days.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    It looks protein packed. I would throw in some more veggies to balance it out. I would agree on eating more on workout days.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    We eat the same kind of breakfast, I already like you ;)

I used to watch my carbs more, before I was lifting. When you lift, you need to make sure you eat some carbs that day. This isn't the best article on it, but this one talks about it:

http://fitness.vpxsports.com/blog/bid/61033/The-Importance-of-Post-Workout-Carbs-for-Recovery-Part-2

If you want to keep your carbs lower on your non-workout days you can, I believe it is called Carb cycling though it's not recommended to do forever.
  • Sarah_Wins
    I definitely agree about the veges, and maybe that can be a good way to increase my carbs too. I did Atkins so long that low carb is a habit; one that I obviously need to break.

Thanks so much, ladies! I'll get right on it!!

:flowerforyou: