This Book

I have this book and it does work I lost 12 pounds in the first 2 weeks, but i didnt stick with it but im ready to do it again and stick with it. If anyone needs help with the different things that you are suppose to eat just let me know. Good luck to everyone.

Replies

• p1farmer
    p1farmer Posts: 5 Member
    Hi awhitworth10 I would like to start the 17 day diet on Monday. I need help on what I need to eat. Thanks
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Hey there! :) I have it as well, and have been doing it since Oct 15. I am wondering how you treated the condiments on your food? it says in the book they are allowed in moderation, but i have always been a little bit of a "condiment *kitten*" (haha) and have loaded up on condiments in the past. so, for this plan, i may be using what people would normally use and maybe that is not moderation? my weight loss has slowed way down...and idk if it is condiments, or sodium, or what. i don't eat AS MUCH sodium, but like the condiments, use it in "my definition" of moderation.

I have started foing Jillian Micheals 30 day shred as well, so i am also thinking that the muscle i am building could be retaining water which can affect the numbers on the scales.
  • jeaninemckinney
    jeaninemckinney Posts: 191 Member
    Janelle from what ive read about the shred is u will gain a few pounds for a while with beginning because the muscles ur building so theres a huge retention of water!!! So drink more water lol...same with salt even tho it sounds crazy the way u get rid of extra water is by drinking more! It flushes it out and obviously your muscles need it! Ive read so many people get frustrated about the few pound gain because ofcourse we want and assume that were going to lose weight since were actually working out! If it was only that easy lol! Just keep chugging that water and extra salt amd u should be great! In the end u should notice a good drop of pounds as your body gets used to the *kitten* kicking lol!

And as for condiments im not much help bcuz thankfully ive never been a huge user! I dont put any extra anything on or in anything lol! And i remember in the book he says always use low fat or sugar free versions of everything! Hope that helped a little! Sounds like your doing well...i havent started the shred yet! Hopefully tomorrow! Keep it up!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Janelle from what ive read about the shred is u will gain a few pounds for a while with beginning because the muscles ur building so theres a huge retention of water!!! So drink more water lol...same with salt even tho it sounds crazy the way u get rid of extra water is by drinking more! It flushes it out and obviously your muscles need it! Ive read so many people get frustrated about the few pound gain because ofcourse we want and assume that were going to lose weight since were actually working out! If it was only that easy lol! Just keep chugging that water and extra salt amd u should be great! In the end u should notice a good drop of pounds as your body gets used to the *kitten* kicking lol!

And as for condiments im not much help bcuz thankfully ive never been a huge user! I dont put any extra anything on or in anything lol! And i remember in the book he says always use low fat or sugar free versions of everything! Hope that helped a little! Sounds like your doing well...i havent started the shred yet! Hopefully tomorrow! Keep it up!

Jeanine- thank you for the reminder. i know that myself, but still have trouble not getting down about it. lol :)