Already sabotaging my healthy lifestyle

Options
HELP! I am on a low carb eating plan. This is week three, and for the second week in a row, I bought a bag of Popcorners and ate the entire bag. I wont do this again for the next 7 days, but next Tuesday....I'm not sure. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Do like I do...think if you were just one bag of popcorners away from your goal would you eat them? One day you will be only one bag away and you don't want to have to regret the bag you ate!
  • MochaCee
    Options
    Excellent point and a good way to look at it. Every day is a challenge when you make changes. Tomorrow, I will use that logic when I grab something I should not.

Thank you!
  • MrsTre
    MrsTre Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I googled popcorners to see what they were, LOL. I see they have 1 ounce bags. If you must treat yourself on occasion, try the tiny 1 ounce bag. But it won't work at all on a low-carb diet. If cheese flavor popcorn is what you like, maybe try a healthier cheese string instead for low-carbs. Congrats on week 3!
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When I feel like cheating on my lifestyle (not diet =) ) I listen to music and envision myself in the future, where I want to be with my weight loss and body goals. That usually keeps me "satisfied" for a while, and if not I look at motivational pics of celebrity body inspirations (Kenya Moore, Nicki Minaj... those types :) )

Good luck! I know for me once I pop, I don't stop, so I try not to even let my mind go there...
  • caseythelab
    caseythelab Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's the cheese you're craving or the crunch? If you can put your finger on that, it may help you find a substitute - maybe celery if it's the crunch, or sprinkle a little nutritional yeast on something if it's the cheeziness you crave. Good luck - I have a hard-time sticking to low-carb when I'm running, it makes me feel like I'm running in slo-mo! (Maybe I actually am running that slowly, but it doesn't normally feel that way ;-)