Periods and Cravings

Options
jay1610
jay1610 Posts: 15 Member
O Lord .. I'm due on next week but already the cravings have started .. this is what happens to me ..

1. I know basically when I'm due on.
2. I get a certain food/chocolate idea in my head.
3. I HAVE TO HAVE IT :explode:
4. I eat it .. but dont feel guilty as I know it's because of the time of the month.
5. I then keep on eating absolute rubbish for the WHOLE WEEK and blame it on the "time of the month".
6. When the time of the month is over (5 days) I go back to eating "normally/healthy".

So therefore I'm ruining the weight loss that I achieve by putting on a couple of pounds during (including "period weight") the 5 days. I don't even exercise during my period as I have no energy and feel like **** .. *I suffer cramps really badly and my personality changes too)! :explode:

Does anyone else go through this madness .. it's been going on for years .. I know it's gonna happen but can't control it .. does anyone have a way of controlling the cravings?

*o happy days* :sad:

Replies

• oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying.

It's ironic because I read somewhere that the foods that you crave while on your period are the same things that cause the cramps a other sources of discomfort.

I tried that theory out and continued working out and ate a low carb, junk food free diet. The result was a more manageble time of the month.

It's hard but I challenge you to try it!
  • jay1610
    jay1610 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying.

It's ironic because I read somewhere that the foods that you crave while on your period are the same things that cause the cramps a other sources of discomfort.

I tried that theory out and continued working out and ate a low carb, junk food free diet. The result was a more manageble time of the month.

It's hard but I challenge you to try it!

I'm gonna try .. :happy:
  • Nicoleholmes2
    Nicoleholmes2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I feel just like you x10 but last month I refused to give in and I lost weight. This month i am going to do the same and you can too! Then reward yourself! If you make it the whole week and don't give in to the cravings Indulge in a chocolate covered Godiva strawberry 
  • free2bjuicy
    free2bjuicy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the chocolate cravings and its weird because I dont have much of an appetite to eat anything else. My energy is extra low, and I have not been regular since I had my daughter a year ago, so sometimes I get period symptoms without getting the period. I usually try to curb my chocolate cravings by eating a sweet fruit like gala apples or bananas.
  • lisha7997
    lisha7997 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I suffer from PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) so my periods are a nightmare when it comes to cramps. I never crave the same thing though. Sometimes I crave things like cucumbers in vinegar, salt and paper; chocolate, wheat pancakes and once I craved lima beans, lol.