Any other obese people in this group?

Options
I am looking to add some friends who have a lot to lose like I do, but who actually eat above their BMR. It seems alot of the people I have met eat 1200 or less a day, even though they have 100lbs to lose. I just can't get onboard with that.

Replies

• lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I eat 20% off my TDEE so I am definitely above me BMR!! Add me if you like, I support my friends :)

ETA - I still have about 60/70 lbs I want to lose :)
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Me! But I'm already your friend.

And I try to net at least my BMR most days. 20% off of TDEE would be crazy high and I am still afraid to go there.
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't always hit my BMR (because it's over 2,000), but I am trying to get there! I would love to be your friend. :)
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am working hard to eat above my BMR (1700). I think its more psychological than anything. I do find when I eat more SHOCKER I loose weight. I am having a hard time getting there by the end of the day. I would love to have more friends who know eating more is better in the long run. I have lost almost 35lbs but still have another 70 to go. So I will be at this for awhile. :-)
  • cdhaskins1
    cdhaskins1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OHHHHH YES...I'm in the "club" lol
    Down 70 so far....add me
  • timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I am currently in a reset and I am eatting over 2000 calories a day right now. I am working on weight lifting and not so much dropping weight but inches. I can be a great support I have lost a total of 87 pounds just not with mfp, but I use it now.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintenance, which for me is 2600-3400 calories...Anyone can add me as long as you mention EM2WL!
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Add me, I still have 70lbs to lose and I am doing heay weight training. Losing inches but no lbs!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I actually ate OVER my BMR for most of my weight loss (183 pounds down with about 30 pounds to go)...I started at 380 pounds and ate 1800 cals till I got to around 200 pounds....now I eat a lil below it or i would NEVER get to goal...best of luck to everyone of you :) Its a hard journey but oh so worth it :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    2500 cals on a normal cut day here:)
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Started at 360lbs, dropped to 300 lbs on old diet. Now losing the good way and the weight I want to lose.

296lbs so about 100lbs for me to lose.

Oh, and @ 15% cut I'm on 2550 cals a day.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I started at BMI of 39.1 lost about 39 pounds so far now BMI is 33.11- still Obese! Cannot wait until I get to overweight!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat above BMR and my BMI is 38! Starving myself eating 1200 cals is what has caused me to give up weight loss in the past. My BMR is about 1600 and I eat about 1700 cals. Feel free to add me :-)
  • cafel3
    cafel3 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm trying EM2WL also. Just so you know, though, I take breaks, eat heartily and not always healthily (but I try - however I love snacks!). I think my maintenance is 2950 and I'm on reset right now. I will probably do a "light" cut of 200-250 calories to eat around 2700 once I returning to losing. I have about 92 more pounds to lose. I'm also sick right now, so no activity, but I usually lift 3x weekly, cardio 2x-3x weekly and yoga 2x-3x weekly. Check my profile first before sending a FR.
  • Daymia
    Daymia Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well! Still have about 50-60 pounds to go. I've been eating around my BMR + exercise because the scale has not moved in a long time, but I'm definitely not one of those 1200 a day people. In fact, I'm normally over because I can't even do at BMR! Anyway, feel free to add me!
  • pinkreena711
    pinkreena711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    mee, ihave to lose like 40.... i'm trying to get on board with eating more.
  • Mistymath
    Mistymath Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a little less than 100 pounds to go according to my ticker, but I am also lifting, so I'm OK with not making it to 145.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I need to lose at least 30 lbs, but 50 is probably more like it. I eat around 2100 calories a day which is above my BMR and 15% less than my TDEE. Feel free to add me!