how to cook for one

Options
One of us wrote they they are having problems with their coca cola and coffee habit. Plus they cook for one and are used to buying those expensive dinners... Wally writes... Changing what you are used to does suck! But you have to give it time. Lots of times people who drink cokes and coffee with sugar and cream... are actually kinda addicted to the sugar. It takes awhile to come down from that high! lol Cooking for one?

Ah yes.... I have had that problem all my life. If I cooked, I cooked enough for an army. If I made spaghetti... it was a pot full. I could always eat just a little bit... but it never worked! temptation always bit me in the *kitten*. Anyway JR117.... I never buy the prepacked dinners at the store. They are expensive and there's usually a fair amount of salt in them. Here's what I do.... I try to prepare a few pieces of grilled chicken, or pork... some turkey... on Sunday. When I'm cooking sunday dinner i thow on some extra meat... that way all i have to do is heat it up during the week. Then.... when I get home, Monday - Friday. I put a very small pot onto boil and throw in ONE handful, and a half of pasta. It takes 8 minutes to cook. In another pot i cut up half an onion, half zuchin and or yellow squash, maybe a carrot, turnip... whatever floats yer boat. Just a splash around the pan of evoo (extra Virgin Olive Oil) and cook the veggies till they start getting down. Then I take a piece of the chicken, (or whatever) cjhop it and throw itin with the veggies. Then I add the pasta, and i add about 4 tabelsppons of hot and spicey salsa... and I cook it just to get everything hot. Then I eat. All told... it's about 15 to 20-minutes of work. You get a lot of food that is low caloies and low fat. It WILL fill u up and it will cost way less then the store dinners..... I also take five or more pieces of fruit with me every day to work. that's what I eat... gets rid of the sugar craving. It's got lots of fiber and it keeps me from going off the reservation and going to mickeyd's!