Day 1 of Cut

Options
braves1girl
braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
I started my first day of cut yesterday!!!:happy: I have been on a reset for 8 weeks and gained exactly 7 lbs. If you are asking why start on a Tuesday...Monday was my 46th birthday, and well, let's face it, it wasn't gonna happen! I am so excited to get started!

I have been reading almost every post on this forum to prepare myself for what to expect and it was most helpful! Thank you to everyone who has posted a topic on this forum! :flowerforyou: I knew I would gain some weight and for the first time, it doesn't bother me! I have already gained more than just weight...my hair is growing thicker (again), my skin, nails and energy has quadrupled! :smile: The only naps I have taken have been the last few weeks as i was fight the "crud" of some sort! It has been almost 2 yrs since my body didn't require a nap at precisely between 3pm - 6pm. The nap could have been for 30 min to 2 hrs! I'm not as grumpy as I used to be because I was always hungry and feeling deprived. I just had no idea what I was doing to my body with my VLCD!

I followed the advice on this forum of taking pictures. I don't have the program that allows me to post them on a message, but they are on my profile, (you can check them out...if you dare) :embarassed: I also measured and weighed myself and made the changes as such in my profile. That was NOT fun! :angry: But i know it's part of the process. I am excited to begin my new lifestyle of actually eating/fueling my body! Also, my boys ordered my NROLFW for my birthday! I am anxiously awaiting its arrival! The one addiction I have is to the scales. :embarassed: That will be one of the biggest things I need to get used to...calling them a LIAR! :tongue:

I will keep ya'll posted on my progress. Thank ya'll for every post! Have a good one!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You are the coolest!! you've got the perfect attitude towards everything. I'm really excited for you!!

Just bear in mind that if you're about to start NROLFW the scale really may not move at all during cut (it may go up, as it did for me, and FYI hasn't gone back down since!). So that is definitely the addiction you're going to have to break now and do all the other stuff instead. I love that you've already started taking photos, they will be your best friend for seeing progress when your muscles are full of fluid and the scale is lying to you. :wink:
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Well done for making it through the reset. You clearly have a super positive attitude and are already experiencing many benefits of eating more, good luck to with you on the cut!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Awesome for sticking out the reset.
    As Lulu said, if you start with the lifting,don't be surprised if the scale wont budge or even goes up. But you will be looking fantastic :)))
  • helened
    helened Posts: 42
    Options
    That sounds great. I love to hear that you are feeling so good on the inside.
    I finished my reset 10 days ago. I just thought I would mention that it took me a few days to adjust to the lower calories. But now (10 days later) I am finally good with the adjustment. I also started a new different workout routine so that also helped make me hungry on some days. I went through a couple cycles of hungry days followed by not hungry days.
    Can't wait to see your progress!
  • braves1girl
    Options
    Thanks for all of your advice and encouragement! :flowerforyou: I my STILL hasn't come yet! :mad: :cry: I need to get it to see if I have the weights at home to be able to do it right. If not, I'll need to buy some. It's cheaper than joining a gym. :wink: Thanks for the heads-up with the probable gain with lifting, I remember reading about that but had forgotten! Right now I'm currently on week 5 of You Are Your Own Gym. I really like the exercises, but don't feel like its enough...we'll see.

Thanks again ya'll!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • braves1girl
    Options
    I can't type...I meant my book STILL hasn't come yet!!!:embarassed: :sad: