To the people with Front Butts (Lower hanging belly)

Options
Candi_land
Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
Does it ever shrink to the point of resembling anything close to a "normal" stomach? I'm 5'3" and super morbidly obese, I started my journey at 548.8lbs and am currently 433lbs obviously I still have a very long way to go. I'm not a supermodel, and will never be able to wear a bikini however I'd like my lower belly to not resemble another *kitten* ya know? My stomach is the bane of my existence I absolutely hate it. I've noticed it has shrunk a little since losing 115lbs but I'm curious to know the experiences other people have encountered with massive weight loss and loose skin/front butts.

Thanks in advance for sharing!! :wink:

Replies

• jordandroid
    jordandroid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fellow front butter here! Not talking from personal experience but from seeing my friends lose weight, it does go back "normally"! If you have a bit of excess skin that may hang down but you can usually tone this away with exercise if you're young. x
  • KayeArlana
    KayeArlana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked this question. I'm 5'4 and currently weight 380. Having the hanging belly after I lose weight is my biggest fear. I'm not that far into my weight lose but it seems like the only thing on me that is doing any shrinking is my feet.
  • iloveme81
    Options
    I hate my front butt(nice word for it..lol). I have notice lately when I walk I can feel it bump against my leg....im so disgusted!!!.Does anyone know any execrise to help that area!!!
  • StephDuffney
    StephDuffney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    crunches will help a tone. i am just staring on my weight training now.
  • singer1978
    Options
    I too have this fear. I really dont want to lose weight and end up with all of that extra skin hanging. I'd like to say that is the reason why I have yet to lose weight, but its only one of many reasons. I just started my journey TODAY. Wish me luck!
  • mattnjakesmom
    Options
    I don't have a front butt (that term makes me giggle hehe), but I do have some extra skin on my tummy and crunches have helped with that. :)
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You guys don't know the meaning of front butt until you have a c-section scar running right down the middle of that belly flab!

It is the bane of my existence. It is the reason most of my clothes don't fit right. Apparently, even plus size clothiers can't grasp that larger sizes mean more than wider across.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Not sue yet....but once I get to a lower weight I will be adding strength training to my cardio to combat the loose skin! Also, I've heard this is more of a problem if you lose the weight very quickly.
  • ybft
    ybft Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am worried about this exact same thing, so what I have started doing is after my shower.
    I am massaging organic coconut oil into my belly, hips and thighs. All over actually because it is a great moisturizer, but I really concentrate on those more chunky areas.
    In my thinking, if I massage religiously, it can't be any worse than it is!
    I am crossing my fingers that I can lessen the cellulite affect if I keep the skin moisturized, pliable, and hydrated.
  • mamaward64
    mamaward64 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a huge front butt, I also call it the apron. Yes it moves a bit too freely and disgusts me. My daughter who started on 30lbs less than me does not have one. I wonder if it gets bigger with age.
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I take side progress pics in my swimsuit every couple of weeks, and great news! The front butt is definitely shrinking and tightening up some. Stay encouraged and keep moving forward:flowerforyou:
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    All excellent comments and question! I, myself, was wondering the same thing. Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:

:laugh: at the butt and apron :laugh:
  • angie6171
    angie6171 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being brave enough to post this. (does make me giggle too) But it's true! I hate that flapping thing! When I'm working out with my Wii Active 2 it's flying around, gross! I too have had 2 c-sections so that doesn't help. I've often felt sad to lose weight and still have to "hide", you know? Love to you all!
  • pichild
    pichild Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 my top weight was 395...I started MFP at 340...I am currently at 266...I definitely have the lower hanging belly or front but complete with the line where it folds together... I too am looking for an activity to tighten this area...it does shrink down some but I anticipate it always being there unless I have a skin removal surgery way on down the line.....
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    :Now I can tell my husband I'm not the only one that calls her stomach a front butt. It's not from flappy loose skin, just a natural indentation in the middle of my stomach that looks like a butt crack. I started at 364' currently at 278 and it seems like it may be getting better.

Front butt...lol:laugh:
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    it is really nice to hear that it is possible to tighten up the "front butt" when loosing large amounts of weight. Over the years ppl ive talked with (some proffessionals) have always lead me to believe that if youve had it for a long period of time, the chances are not that great the skin will still have it's elasticity.

It's nice to hear of experience that contradicts the advice of a future tummy tuck.
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it depends on your weight, body shape, age, and exercise. Of course when you lose weight the belly reduces and shrinks back, but no one is going to have the same results. Doing core exercises will strenghten your back and abs and the firm muscles will pull things in as well.
    Good luck. I plan to have my saggy belly tucked once I've lost all my weight (if needed).
  • Mrbusterb
    Options
    I'm in the same boat i've lost over 100lbs and i've been doing everything to tone my stomach but it doesn't seem to work.l'm considering skin removal surgery when i reach my goal
  • pikaporeon
    pikaporeon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    At 320 I had a very pronounced front-butt, I lost it around 300-even, but I'm very tall (6'5) and male
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Hate my stomach it is 90% of my body! If I could cut it off I would. I've got front butt and the pufa thing hanging below.