Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Why should what? Please clarify.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Rich guys should have an advantage in the dating game, but technique still matters.

Why should?

I think DM means that they should have an advantage because they're wealthy and that should make them more attractive to women, and they can take you out on really nice dates, and you know they'd be able to afford a nice life for you two should you date and marry.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Rich guys should have an advantage in the dating game, but technique still matters.

Why should?

I think DM means that they should have an advantage because they're wealthy and that should make them more attractive to women, and they can take you out on really nice dates, and you know they'd be able to afford a nice life for you two should you date and marry.

Does not compute... lol. I want to date someone for who they are, not their wallet.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    He must have serious issues if he hasn't been able to find someone after all this, especially given his financial status, which many women would find very attractive. I would love to hear more from the women he's gone out with!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Why should?

Does not compute... lol. I want to date someone for who they are, not their wallet.

It is kind of like the crazy hot scale some guys use. Some women use the poor hot scale. The hotter they are the less rich they have to be, the less attractive the more rich.

I am in no way saying all women do this but enough of them do that it is a valid point since some women see money = security.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    He must have serious issues if he hasn't been able to find someone after all this, especially given his financial status, which many women would find very attractive. I would love to hear more from the women he's gone out with!

There are many gold diggers out there that should have like him! So the fact none of them liked him is saying something!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    400_300_09_1n013_LonelyMillionaire1_ta_300x300_.jpg I was curious to see what he looked like. Here he is. Larry Greenfield from the topic.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    400_300_09_1n013_LonelyMillionaire1_ta_300x300_.jpg I was curious to see what he looked like. Here he is. Larry Greenfield from the topic.

Honestly, when I saw that I didn't think anything f it... until I realized who he was and it made me go "Eeewwwwww GROSS!"

Literally his stupidity turned me off more than his appearance did.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Why should?

I honestly can't think of a way to spend a large amount of money on a date and not look like a creeper haha. First date limo? That's a little weird. Trip to a place? Even stranger. First dates in my opinion should be 50 bucks. Dinner at a place that isn't too romantic and pressure packed (like and Applebee's or chilis) maybe a movie too. If you first date them to a romantic/over the top nice place it puts off 1 thing very distinctly, desperation. Just my opinion. For the record my favorite first date was around 20 bucks. Was it the things I bought that made it nice? No. It was the laughing and gunuine fun we had. :)
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Why should?
    It is kind of like the crazy hot scale some guys use. Some women use the poor hot scale. The hotter they are the less rich they have to be, the less attractive the more rich.
    I am in no way saying all women do this but enough of them do that it is a valid point since some women see money = security.
    So in this day and age, is anyone here *really* arguing that money isn't an advantage? A bonus?

Or in plain terms, imagine:
    - Me, with $30,000,
    - Me, with $500,000

Guess who should have an advantage in the dating game? The "me" who can afford more stuff or the one who can afford less stuff (means: clothes, gifts, travels, relaxation massage, haircut, restaurants and more). The great thing is that when you can afford more, you can still afford less (so I could still pretend I only have $30,000).

Oh no, I get it now. It's probably because rich people are horrible, egocentric b@stards and us, poor people, at least we stick together, right?

TL;DR: Yes, someone with more money should be at an advantage in the dating game.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Imagine you had an amazing perfect awesome mate.

They were utterly amazing in every way you could imagine.

Now imagine EXACTLY THAT with more income.

Who would you rather date?

I'll be honest, I would like the security of more income. That being said, if the one with lower income got to me first I certainly wouldn't up and leave him for a higher paycheck. It's not a dealbreaker, but it certainly helps in the decision making process.

Ah, Flam, I couldn't date you no matter how much you make! You hate animals :(
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    That is what they are calling a 6??
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I totally get what Kit & Flam are saying in theory, but I guess it just doesn't work for me on a practical level. If a guy has show-off items, like an expensive car, etc. it totally turns me off. On the other hand, I would prefer someone who has a handle on their finances and isn't living paycheck to paycheck either. I guess I'm just a sucker for a middle of the road type guy when it comes to income... does that make me weird?
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm just a sucker for a middle of the road type guy when it comes to income... does that make me weird?

No, not at all.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options

Just curious, what would you peg him at?

Though personally I find that personality makes up a huge part of an attractiveness number.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I would say a 4. But agreed that personality can change that number.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

Just curious, what would you peg him at?

Though personally I find that personality makes up a huge part of an attractiveness number.

Well, to be fair, he is 47 years-old. If he is trim and fit, he is possibly more attractive within the age range of his dating pool. It seems to me that people within this group use some number rating system that is set by the range of 20-30 somethings and an overly harsh judgment of older singles.

To me, personality makes up much more of what I find attractive, so the whole numbering system seems so one-dimensional.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Including his personality, that would make him a 2 then. :laugh: (He gets +1 for drive, dedication and money though).
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I totally get what Kit & Flam are saying in theory, but I guess it just doesn't work for me on a practical level. If a guy has show-off items, like an expensive car, etc. it totally turns me off. On the other hand, I would prefer someone who has a handle on their finances and isn't living paycheck to paycheck either. I guess I'm just a sucker for a middle of the road type guy when it comes to income... does that make me weird?

I kind of see where you are coming from. Both of my exes made pretty good money - there were huge differences. The first one spent money as a form of status and it actually caused him to live outside of his means and he ended up losing his house (after I had broken up with him, thank goodness). He spent money and wanted nice things because of what it meant to other people. My second relationship lived comfortably and spent his money on fun toys and hobbies that HE liked. He was heavy in gun, motorcycles, computers and rockclimbing and it was awesome to share that with him. We always had a blast and he did it because he liked it and gave not a damn what anyone else thought.

At that point though, it's not about what money someone makes. I have no qualms with a rich dude with a shiny car that he loves to death because it goes vroom vroom and not because it makes people think highly of him. Middle and low income people are just as guilty as the rich for living outside their means because they care so much about what other people think of them. I wouldn't guess any one person is a specific way just because of their income. However, since I hardly go around asking dudes what they make before I find out whether or not I like their personality so it's hardly become an issue since I learned so much from ex #1.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Why should?
    So in this day and age, is anyone here *really* arguing that money isn't an advantage? A bonus?

Or in plain terms, imagine:
    - Me, with $30,000,
    - Me, with $500,000

Guess who should have an advantage in the dating game? The "me" who can afford more stuff or the one who can afford less stuff (means: clothes, gifts, travels, relaxation massage, haircut, restaurants and more). The great thing is that when you can afford more, you can still afford less (so I could still pretend I only have $30,000).

Oh no, I get it now. It's probably because rich people are horrible, egocentric b@stards and us, poor people, at least we stick together, right?

TL;DR: Yes, someone with more money should be at an advantage in the dating game.
    A lot of rich people are tight wads with their money. How does a ritch person who doesn't like to spend money have an advantage over a normal person?