Running with muscle pain?

Options
EmilyBoots
EmilyBoots Posts: 15 Member
I'm incredibly out of shape, just starting week 2 now after recycling one day of week 1. I finished my fourth day of week 1 on Sunday, with one day rests between running days. I've wanted to run each day since then, but was stuck at home on Monday waiting for the cable guy so I decided to try a fitness video. I hate Jillian Michaels so much! I'm hurting from head to toe, especially my abs, and am only able to drag myself out of bed thanks to Aleve and Advil. I'm sure a flu shot I had on Monday is also playing into the muscle soreness. I'm afraid to run in this kind of pain, first because I don't know if I might injure myself, but also because psychologically I want this to be an enjoyable activity.
What do you think? Will I lose progress if I let too much time go by? Do I run a risk of hurting myself if I run tonight?

Replies

• LooptLou25
    LooptLou25 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I would say have an extra couple of days rest from running, but keep active with some walking to keep everything moving, but at a gentle pace. Those flu jabs can upset things a bit, had one a few weeks ago, felt like I had a dead arm for about 3 days!
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Muscle soreness? I'd say suck it up. Sharp pain? Stop immediately and put ice on whatever hurts.