New to low carb... still hungry at night! HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Coffee with coconut oil in it is a great way to add in some more fat between meals (or whenever you're getting the munchies), it's like a mini fat bomb.

I agree with the MIM (Muffin in a Minute) too, these are packed with fibre and you can add toppings or just eat them plain and warm.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a chocolate MIM every morning for breakfast. It's like having chocolate cake for breakfast. Who can beat that? LOL!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I just learned about "fat bombs." I'd been making them when I was really trying to push keto without realizing it, but they really do kill the appetite. Just any recipe that's almost all fat. I like to make something like the inside of a mounds(?) bar. 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 4 tablespoons finely shredded unsweetened coconut, 6 drops stevia, a few drops vanilla and one teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix it up with a spoon and eat. Makes my stomach feel like lead for hours. If I'm "hungry" after a "fat bomb" it's definitely psychological.

OMG, thank you for sharing that. My appetite has been so reduced that I usually need some fat at bedtime to up my calories. Fat Bomb is going to be perfect! (Going to try it without the stevia.)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    You are on a diet. You need to get off the diet and just start living healthy. :smile: Up your calories, and add in some fats/non-starchy veggies. What you are doing now isn't sustainable so you will eventually end up bailing and put it all back on...try and eat more/have a bit more variety and you should be great!!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything of value to add that hasn't been said before, but yes, fat will help! I didn't have enough at dinner last night (although I did fine getting close to my daily goal) and was ravenous this morning.

Also, gotta try that fat bomb recipe.