Additional workouts? What are you doing?

Options
plhv19
plhv19 Posts: 51 Member
I know a bunch of people in this group are doing other workouts besides the shred. Curious what you're doing and how often? Do you do your workouts back-to-back or spread throughout the day?

Personally, I'm doing the shred 30 days nonstop, plus 65-minute hot yoga classes 3-4 days per week. I do the shred either waaay before or waaay after my yoga class; it's just too tiring back to back.

Replies

• apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'd have to work pretty hard to fit another workout into my day. I was so sure that when my daughter started pre-school I'd have oodles and oodles of time. I mean it's an additional 12 hours a week! Just doesn't work that way. Things have really picked up for me at my job, and we're remodeling our kitchen, and the yard is in full Autumn leaf mode, and, and, and. I'm just happy I get my 20 minutes with Jillian and am in awe of all of you that do more. You're amazing!
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I continue my walking. I have a Fitbit and walk at least 10K steps 5-6 times a week. It can get difficult, since most of the time I am doing 30DS in the evening about 7-8pm and it can get really hard to make myself do it after a long day of work. This group helps a lot in keeping the motivation and determination to finish!
  • plhv19
    Options
    I continue my walking. I have a Fitbit and walk at least 10K steps 5-6 times a week. It can get difficult, since most of the time I am doing 30DS in the evening about 7-8pm and it can get really hard to make myself do it after a long day of work. This group helps a lot in keeping the motivation and determination to finish!

How far is 10,000 steps? Any idea? I always thought Fitbits seemed cool. :)
  • telizad
    telizad Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do C25K three times a week as well as 30 DS, plus 4 mile walk/run with the hubby on weekend. And sometimes I add in the elliptical or bicycling.
  • amber_arend
    Options
    I either walk 3 miles or do a workout program on my elliptical for 30 minutes. The elliptical burns better calories, but the walk is more fun, because I do it with some other ladies who live near me. I do two workouts M-F, Saturday is just the Shred, and Sunday is my rest day. I watch my eating more strictly on Sunday's since I do not workout...plus it is the day before weigh in and measurements for me. When I am done with the Shred I am going to start Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. I love yoga! Keep at it ladies!
  • plhv19
    Options
    When I am done with the Shred I am going to start Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. I love yoga! Keep at it ladies!

Awesome! I haven't tried that DVD. Have you? Curious how it is. I'm sure Jillian's yoga is anything but peaceful, haha. I am hoping to start up with Ripped in 30 after the Shred. Two straight months of Jillian hell. :P
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    10,000 steps is 5 miles, give or take depending on your stride.
    I got my Fitbit in April and it has been the biggest motivator to me in being active and has helped me lose the weight.
    I HIGHLY recommend it!
  • amber_arend
    Options
    When I am done with the Shred I am going to start Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. I love yoga! Keep at it ladies!

Awesome! I haven't tried that DVD. Have you? Curious how it is. I'm sure Jillian's yoga is anything but peaceful, haha. I am hoping to start up with Ripped in 30 after the Shred. Two straight months of Jillian hell. :P

I have done it before, and it is NOT peaceful. lol It is a workout for sure. But it's still yoga. :)