What's your run route? Post pics!!

Options
secretlobster
secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
I want to see where you run! What's the scenery like? What's your favorite time of day? How long is it? Post pictures please!

I live in Connecticut about a half mile from Long Island Sound, so my normal route takes me down by the water. I like to time it so that I get there just at sunset (or better yet, sunrise). There's a beautiful running/walking path that winds around the shoreline. One of the nice things about this route is that it's almost exactly a 5k loop but I can extend it to 10k just as easily.

Just before dawn behind my house:
run4.jpg

Down by the water:
run1.jpg

Sunrise behind the lighthouse:
run2.jpg

Misty October morning pre-dawn at low tide:
run3.jpg

Replies

• secretlobster
    Options
    Whoops. I meant to post this in the Runners Unite board but I guess this isn't terribly inappropriate
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Your route looks very peaceful and quiet, what a lovely spot to go running :smile:

Not sure if I know how to insert images, but I'll try :) I try to vary the location of my run so I have several routes, but by far my favourite is the one through the forest with my dog and this time of year is so pretty with the autumn colour. Best time of day for me is first thing in the morning straight after doing the school run, we often see deer which is lovely but any later in the day and they've been chased away by dog walkers. Depends on the route I take through the forest but staying on the main track it's exactly 5k, if I go off-track it can be anything up to 10k but gets very muddy off-track during the wet seasons.

IMG3182s-M.jpg

IMG3263s-M.jpg

IMG3185s-M.jpg
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Wow, GORGEOUS!! I love that you can go running with your doggy too! That route looks like a storybook, how amazing.
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    These are amazing! There is a pond with fountain at the park where I run, but it isn't very scenic other than that. So jealous of the autumn colored foliage!
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures :) If I think of it I'll post some later. I go running in a park as well and this time of year it is so beautiful with the leaves changing.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I run through the nearby college, mostly on the ag side of things, so it's a lot of fields, orchards and pastures. Sometimes picturesque, depends on the time of year. Often fragrant, especially when I pass the dairy cows. :tongue:

I usually run in the morning - here's a shot of the sunrise this past Tuesday.

8071095494_e5536053df.jpg

Doesn't show my route so much as just the sky, but it's one of the things I love about running in the morning!
  • secretlobster
    Options
    I run through the nearby college, mostly on the ag side of things, so it's a lot of fields, orchards and pastures. Sometimes picturesque, depends on the time of year. Often fragrant, especially when I pass the dairy cows. :tongue:

I usually run in the morning - here's a shot of the sunrise this past Tuesday.

8071095494_e5536053df.jpg

Doesn't show my route so much as just the sky, but it's one of the things I love about running in the morning!

And a great voice came out of the sky and said: "damn nice run girl"