How do you know?

Ok so I have been working out with this Fabulous program called Turbo Fire, and I am in the 8th week of the prep schedule. I work out 6 days a week and I have been eating about 1700 calories a day. When I do all of the math and check out other sites I get anywhere from 1900 to 1700 calories a day to loose weight. Problem is that I have not lost weight for 4 weeks now. I am stuck at 142.5. I have lost a little more in the inches side of things. This is the first time in my life that I am tracking my food while I am working out. In the past I just worked out and I would tone up and lose weight. Hell I hardly ever got on the scale either. I have always been an active person. I am not able to sit at my desk in my office to long either. I am just about every 10 mins walking through the office. I am trying to figure out what I am doing and how I can do this better. A friend made the suggestion that I might need to eat more to loose weight. I guess it is all that I have right now. I just need to know if I am on the right track with eating more.. I guess it is a trial and error thing. How did the rest of you find out that it was eating more that worked for you and not the eating less thing.

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi there!

Great, that you started to eat more. That definitely is the right track. Now, to know how much you need to eat, I would need to know your stats. If you eat 1700, how much of a cut from your TDEE is that?
    We usually advice people to not cut more than 10-15% of their TDEE. If you go too low, your body will get used to eat and think that this is your TDEE. And also your body will utulize your muscle and not only your fat if you reduce the calories too much. And we do want to preserve or rather build muscle. Also always make sure to make diet breaks in between. Every 5-6 weeks, just eat for one week at your TDEE so your metabolism stays up.
    I also had a look at your diary and it seems your macros are not set right. We recommend to eat 40% Carbs, 30%fat and 30% protein. Protein being the most important. If you weigh 142 lbs I would try to get around 140 grams of protein in a day. Your carbs are on the higher side, try to reduce them.
    As for TurboFire-it's a fun programme, but it is basically purely Cardio based. If you want to get toned, you will need to incorporate some resistance training with heavy weights.