Not fighting anymore

amberaz
amberaz Posts: 328 Member
It's so nice to no longer feel like trying to get in shape and lose weight is a fight between "me" and my body. I am no longer fighting hunger, tiredness, soreness or burn out on a daily basis. I no longer feel that every ounce of weight I lose is a victory in a war because, I honestly would not care less about what the scale says. I actually find myself wanting to gain weight in the form of lean, strong muscle. I eat plenty and I can't even contemplate going back to eating that magic number of "1200". I am no longer fighting the urge to have a couple of beers and some BBQ when we have friends over on the weekends and I am no longer fighting the craving I get to bake something because baking is my all time favorite thing to do (I don't even have to eat any of it). It's so relaxing to be fitter and healthier just for the sake of health rather than to be "thin" or "skinny". I have no doubt that I will reach my fitness goals, and this time maintain my fitness level...it will probably take me 6 months to a year to reduce my body fat and gain some muscle, but it's worth it to be where I want to be and be able to easily stay there.

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    You're gonna do great, cuz you have the right attitude!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Well said. I think the whole point of this is that it's not a race and we will get 'there' wherever that may be for each of us. If I get a compliment my knee jerk reaction is to say that I've worked hard for the loss but then I realise that really, I haven't. I've not starved myself or denied myself anything in particular and to me that is what dieting/working hard is. Dropping 200-300 calories isn't hard is it?!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I am so with you. It is fantastic, if you do not have to see it as a battle on a daily basis.

It's life, and with life comes, that we will sometimes go over on cals, and sometimes eat things that might not be best for you. But it also is to never lose the bigger picture.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Just awesome.
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Entered this thread worrying it was going to be someone saying they were giving up.

Good to see your relationship with food improving and good luck with your journey.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    So, so true!! I now have a 3 year plan with my body lol. I'm definitely in this for life now.

Very happy for you to have found the joy :)