want to make sure I have this right...

Hi all,

I have been eating at low calories for a while now and I have plateaued and I am sure this is where I need to start over. Many of my friend that have lost and look fantastic have lead me here. Here is my stats and the intake I got:

5'6"
22f
I workout 3-5 days a week.
TDEE-15%=2183

That is terrifying to me! Please tell me I have this wrong lol? Thanks in advance.

Liz

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I have been eating at low calories for a while now and I have plateaued and I am sure this is where I need to start over. Many of my friend that have lost and look fantastic have lead me here. Here is my stats and the intake I got:

5'6"
    22f
    I workout 3-5 days a week.
    TDEE-15%=2183

That is terrifying to me! Please tell me I have this wrong lol? Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing goal weight around 130, that's for medium frame.

With that much still to lose, you can safely take 20% deficit right now.
    With TDEE of 2561, that means daily goal of 2049 - call it 2000.

Depending on which side of that 3 to 5 days you are, and what the workouts are on those 3 to 5 days, that TDEE could go up or down realistically.

As far as terrifying you, did you ever add up how much you used to eat before starting the diet?
    Like just taking some avg frequent fast food meals or snacks you would do to see what typical day was.
    You are comparing to the low end you were eating, without probably having any idea of what you were eating to see that was actually an extreme low amount.

Depending on time of the stall, meaning no weight or measurement change for 3 weeks, just increase cal's from where you are for 200 each day for a week. Then another 200 for another week, repeat until you are there.
    Lets you figure out where they are going to go.
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Yes I tracked for about 2 weeks before I started to change the way I ate. I was averaging between 2500-3500 calories a day, an that was with absolutely no exercise. I guess in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't seem so scary. Thanks!

My goal weight is actually 150, that was a weight I was happy with and looked healthy with.

I have slowly increased my calories by 200 a week because I read that on another thread. My intake at the moment is 1800, and my 3-5 days consist of running/ walking/ weight training and then on the weekends I do 80 minutes of high cardio. I usually burn right around 2800 calories a week(perHRM).
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Yes I tracked for about 2 weeks before I started to change the way I ate. I was averaging between 2500-3500 calories a day, an that was with absolutely no exercise. I guess in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't seem so scary. Thanks!

My goal weight is actually 150, that was a weight I was happy with and looked healthy with.

I have slowly increased my calories by 200 a week because I read that on another thread. My intake at the moment is 1800, and my 3-5 days consist of running/ walking/ weight training and then on the weekends I do 80 minutes of high cardio. I usually burn right around 2800 calories a week(perHRM).

Sounds like you are well over 5 hrs a week then.

What you should do on the extended cardio then, because eating excess all week isn't going to help that extended exercise, is eat an extra 200-300 after that longer exercise. That's when you really need to replenish glucose stores anyway to be ready for your next workout.
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Great thanks so much!