jlhill7
jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
OK few questions here:
New rules of lifting Resting Metabolic Rate-1349
Daily Activity Multiplier
No activity-1618
Active day-1888
Very active day-2158
My question is this: What should I set my calories as? Do I do 1888 and not eat my exercise calories? Do I set is at 1349 and eat my exercise calories? And what should be my fat, carbs, protein be at?

Replies

• jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I found the spreadsheet thanks.....So just now do I eat my exercise calories back
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    If you go by the book, you should eat 1888 on active days and not count the exercise cals. and 1618 on rest days. Your carbs/protein/fat should be at 40%/30%/30%.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    What deninevi said. If you are going by the book, you will basically eat 250-300 more calories more on lift days. If you are doing other activities (say if you're on your feet all day working as a nurse or you are running on your non-lifting days, etc) you might want to set your base level as "active"(1888) and eat the "very active"(2158) calories on a lift day. Depending how active you are and if you're eating at a 300 cal deficit, you want to be careful about eating too little and getting enough protein in. Hope that makes sense and welcome!