IP product reviews

Options
Here are my thoughts....

1. Chocolate drink - excellent, thick, filling and real chocolate taste
2. Vanilla drink - blah....tastes like soap (sent them back)
3. Chocolate shake (premade) - good but less filling then chocolate drink
4. Vanilla drink - ok (better with vanilla extract and cinnamon added)
5. Potato purée - surprisingly good if you like instant potatoes.
6. Plain cereal - the tiny quantity makes me laugh so I enjoy my mini bowl of cereal
7. Tomato basil soup - yuck....and what's with the weird colour? (sent them back)
8. Cream of broccoli - tastes like what I imagine glue would taste like (sent them back)
9. Chicken noodle soup - its no liptons! Not sure why it's foamy ... Nasty (sent them back)
10. Dill pickle zingers - ok, good flavor
11. Dark chocolate pudding - I ordered regular but got dark. I don't like dark so it was nasty ( but I'm gagging them down)
12. Sea salt and vinegar crisps - taste like salty graham cracker (that's a good thing).
13. White cheddar crisps - smells like old cheese and kinda tastes like cool ranch Doritos
14. BBQ crisps - good, thick and crunchy
15. Lemon poppy seed bar - yummy....has a white chocolate coating
16. Peanut butter bar - yummy
17. Caramel nut bar - good but a little chalky. ( tastes like slim fast meal bars)
18. Cookies n cream bar - yummy but doesn't taste like Oreos.
19. Omelet - rubbery. Not good (sent back)
20. Strawberry banana drink - way too sweet.

We order our food a month at a time. I decided to start with a double order or I could try a bigger variety and see what I like. I've learned that chocolate drink is a go too.

I just placed my next order and I'm anxious to try some new things ( and restock on my favs)

Replies

• jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    Thanks for this! I agree with many of your reviews. I like the southwest cheese puffs and the the caramel nut bar!
  • linda_p
    linda_p Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Funny how everyone's tastes differ. I'm willing to try everything once to taste test. I do like the Tomato Basil, Chicken Noodle & Broccoli Cheese soups. I add cooked broccoli to the BC soup & love it! The rest of the soups, I will not get again.

I gagged down my first Potato Purée & will never get again. Even afraid to try using it for the bun recipe.

I don't really care for the Crispy Cereal as is but do like making it into a pancake with Walden Farms syrup.

I like the Herb-Cheese Omelet and add sautéed mushrooms, spinach, etc. The plain omelet is rubbery & don't care for it.

Didn't like my first pudding mix so haven't tried any others.

I've made the Chocolate Pancake into a muffin and topped with Walden Farms Marshmallow Cream. It was good but I prefer the other restricted products.

Bars - I love, love, love the Caramel Nut Bar. Have to have it every week. Something about the gooey caramel, chocolate, and nuts that satisfy my need for a candy bar.

I like all the snacks but my favorites are Dill Pickle Zippers, Southwest Cheese Curls, & Chocolate Soy Puffs (remind me of malted milk balls). The lemon are good too but only get them if they are out of chocolate.

I like all the drink mixes, except for the tea (nasty). Yes, the Chocolate is thicker & more filling. The Wildberry Yogurt is as well (my favorite).

Other items I've crossed off are Maple Oatmeal and Chicken Flavored Patty.

When starting IP, I had been eating Jenny Craig food for the last 1 1/2 years, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with my taste buds being "acclimated".